I have the flu (type A) (1 Viewer)

Yes I got a flu shot, haven't missed one since I had the flu 23 years ago. This sucks.

Ugggg. Hang in there. You might have a rough week. Hopefully the shot will reduce the time period. Keep getting those flu shots. Poker players understand why 60% effective is still good odds.

Exactly. Flu strains evolve constantly -- the time between an annual formulation and the end of flu season guarantees some flus will get through.

But especially as you age, flu shots are an absolute necessity if you want to keep the death rate down...

I had it about 6 weeks ago. Kicked my ass for a week or more. Good luck. Get better soon.

Well for 23 years it worked great, one time it didn’t. I’ll take those odds! Hopefully it still helps reduce how bad you have it. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Flu shot is a crapshoot anyway. They guess what viruses are going to make it to the USA for flu season about six months ahead of time and make the shot. Must have crapped out on your strain this year. Get better soon.

My wife and I got the flu shot. My son is too young for the shot. My wife got the flu, then my son, then I got it. No fun at all. It probably wasn't as severe as it could have been because we got the shot though.

This flu stuff sucks! I’ve had it since Sunday. Beer and Burgers sound soo good and awful at the same time right now. :vomit:

Yup I’m very hungry. The BRAT diet wasn’t what I had envisioned in my mind at all.

I'm with you. Just got the flu today again for the 3rd time this year. Damn students.

Hoping to kick it soon as I leave for Vegas in a few days.

Yes I got a flu shot, haven't missed one since I had the flu 23 years ago. This sucks.

I never got flu shots until I was down with flu for nearly 2 weeks in 2010. I've gotten the shot every year since and been ok (finds wood to knock on).

Sucks when the little bastard viruses still get a foot hold.

Speedy recovery, Sir.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom