SOLD Huntington Park (Huntington Park, CA - 1984) Spotted Leaded Paulson Black SCV $20s - 1 rack (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9D98E6FC-E3DD-4B9D-BB85-7665AA9D9004.jpeg

This is strange. I’ve now seen your posts marked 4 minutes apart (several times), and 5 minutes apart (once).

I’m going to let you guys finish bidding, but I’m going to ask @Tommy and possibly some others for an objective opinion on this.

OK folks… I have sat and STARED at the @Mongoose $260 bid followed by the @OfficerLovejoy $265 bid. Here’s what I discovered:
  • The “nn minutes ago” changes in real time, without refreshing the web page.
  • For the vast majority of the time, OfficerLovejoy’s $265 bid displays as 4 minutes later than Mongoose’s $260 bid.
  • HOWEVER, for several seconds, the two bids will display as being 5 minutes apart.
  • I THINK what that’s telling us is that OfficerLovejoy’s $265 bid was 4 minutes and several seconds after Mongoose’s $260 bid.
If Tommy or anyone else has a different opinion and/or other insight, I honestly welcome it!

OK, a minor tweak to my third bullet above… I stared at the bids again over the course of a couple minutes, and timed the amount of time that the two bids display as 5 minutes apart, and it’s about 20 seconds.

Consequently, I THINK what that’s telling us is that OfficerLovejoy’s $265 bid was 4 minutes and 20 seconds after Mongoose’s $260 bid.

Especially since I personally stand to benefit monetarily from the auction continuing, I would VERY much welcome any other opinions! It’s extremely important to me to be fair to everyone. Thanks.

Since it’s now been 20 minutes since the bid from @utgtrash , I will *tentatively* declare him the winner, but I would really like to hear from a few others with objective opinions and or clarifications on this before we have a final judgement. Thanks for your patience!

OK, a minor tweak to my third bullet above… I stared at the bids again over the course of a couple minutes, and timed the amount of time that the two bids display as 5 minutes apart, and it’s about 20 seconds.

Consequently, I THINK what that’s telling us is that OfficerLovejoy’s $265 bid was 4 minutes and 20 seconds after Mongoose’s $260 bid.

I’ve observed the same thing, and yes I think your conclusion is correct.

Wish the posts would just show a time stamp, rather than “xx minutes ago” …

geez, maybe @OfficerLovejoy deserves these after all. When we were bidding on these over an hour ago wasn’t it about 4:00am your time? That’s dedication!
It was indeed. :D
All good though, I was just about to write: "They're all yours" after we passed $300 when suddenly player 3 entered the game. ;)

Thanks to all three of you guys for being so cool and understanding about this. I REALLY appreciate you! I’m still seeking some other opinions…

Thanks to all three of you guys for being so cool and understanding about this. I REALLY appreciate you! I’m still seeking some other opinions…
In my opinion you should just hand out a rack of them to each of us respectively. ;)
If that is not in the cards, I think this auction went smoothly and @utgtrash is the rightful owner of these beauties.

I was actually aiming for around the 4:30min mark to place my bet, so your take on the situation seems to be correct.

@Mongoose @OfficerLovejoy @utgtrash

I haven’t heard from Tommy, but I’ve spoken with a few others. I’m now more confident than ever that what I described in my two posts above (2021/10/16 at 9:43 pm and 9:49 pm) is in fact what happened, and that OfficerLovejoy’s $265 bid was valid (i.e. within 5 minutes of Mongoose’s $260 bid), and that the auction continued in a fashion consistent with the stated PCF auction rules, and that utgtrash won the auction with his $325 bid.

If any of you have any additional information, or have any differing opinions, please let me know ASAP, as I would certainly welcome them and consider them.

Thanks again so much for your patience and understanding in this tricky situation. I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom