Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker - The Sex Tape and the $140M Award (1 Viewer)

Should the publication of Hulk's sex tape be protected by the First Amendment?

• Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
Does anyone know what this will mean for the rest of the Kinja network? Does Gawker own the Kinja platform, and thus all the other sites are toast? Or will the sites like Gizmodo, io9, Deadspin, etc. still be up and running?

There doesn't appear to be any intention to close any of the sister sites, though they will now be under the supervision of Univision management, so I will be shocked if they keep the same editorial style and voice for very long.

Never been a gawker fan specifically for their Deadspin blog. Can't get totally behind them posting dick pics, sex videos and other leaked media, then paying for it. While at the same time posting holier than thou think pieces about other sites and blogs being the scum of the earth for their practices

Never been a gawker fan specifically for their Deadspin blog. Can't get totally behind them posting dick pics, sex videos and other leaked media, then paying for it. While at the same time posting holier than thou think pieces about other sites and blogs being the scum of the earth for their practices

It might be fair to call individual writers hypocrites (though you haven't provided evidence even of that), but it's absurd to say that a media entity itself is hypocritical because it publishes pieces by writers who don't share the same ethics.

Another fantastic article here about Gawker's demise by Max Read, former Gawker editor-in-chief and arguably one of the great writers I omitted in my above list of all-star Gawker alumni.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom