Cash Game How Much Money? (1 Viewer)

rjbf65

Two Pair
Reaction score
Whats the most amount of money you have ever seen on the table in a home poker game that you have played in. Also include the game and stakes that were played.

For my usual group that plays .25/.25 NLHE. The biggest night I remember was around $750 or so on the table. Pretty nitty group overall. Usually 8 players.

Reactions: 72o
Probably around $10,000 in a 1/2 game years ago. We had markers when you ran out of cash and you had to pay back at least half of them for the next game. I cashed out $800 and took home another $1,000 in markers that night.

Yea, back in the early 2000's when the economy was booming along with poker our weekly Tuesday night $1/2 game usually had around $10k on the table.

Now, it's 25c/50c to $1/1 and we'll see maybe $3,500 to $4,000 on the table on a decent night.

Recently had a 1-2 NLHE cash game here at my place and had $8000 on the table.
One of the 2 new guys my regular player brought with him had $2400 by himself in play and ended up losing around $2200.
Typically my game has 5k-6k in play.
Largest home game I ever attended and played in was a 5-10 NLHE. Buy in was 1k-2k. That game regularly had $30000 in play.

Wish I could say. It would have been at a meet-up though, and in a circus game.

Without checking my records, I would estimate the biggest prize pool in a Zombie tournament was around $900. Doesn't even make the minimum buy-in it Lil Tuna's big game. :unsure:

There is a weekly $2/$5 rake-free, full ring game 50 minutes from where I live. I have played there twice. Players need to reserve their seats in advance so no one who wants to play loses out because of a no show. (The game draws players from a 75 mile radius.) Players pay $10 to cover the cost of a home cooked meal, usually pasta and steak. There is a minimum of 10K in play at that game.

I hosted a 9 to 10 player .25/.50 weekly cash game for 15 months. The amount of money players were willing to buy-in for steadily increased. Having $1500 to $1600 on the table was the norm during the last few months that I held the game.

Wish I could say. It would have been at a meet-up though, and in a circus game.

Without checking my records, I would estimate the biggest prize pool in a Zombie tournament was around $900. Doesn't even make the minimum buy-in it Lil Tuna's big game. :unsure:
Hi Zombie,

That big game wasn't mine. I only wish I had the funds to play in a game like that regularly. I played in that game maybe 3 times. It got to be way out of hand and eventually it ended up getting raided by the police.
I just do a regular 1-2 cash game with a 1-3 hundred buy in and a lot of sit and go tournaments, usually 100-150 buy in on those.
The last cash game I hosted got pretty deep on the buy ins. Not the norm here for sure.

My games run anywhere from $500 to $800 in play.. Looking forward to this winter and hosting games again!!

Yeah I'm a peon and get paid as such so my $.25/$.50 games typically only have $600-$800 on the table ($40 max buy-in). There's definitely players that can play for more, but everyone's on board with keeping it at these low stakes.

Yeah I'm a peon and get paid as such so my $.25/$.50 games typically only have $600-$800 on the table ($40 max buy-in). There's definitely players that can play for more, but everyone's on board with keeping it at these low stakes.
My players are all very well off and it’s about the same as yours :)

I'm starting to see why people always advocate for a whole bunch of 5's and 20's in the chip breakdown threads. They are truly needed in those games while they would collect dust in mine.

My players are all very well off and it’s about the same as yours :)

It's the max buy in, and if it is used that will determine how much money ends up on the table. In a $40 max game there will be a lot less money than a $200 max even thought why are both a 25c/50c game.

It's the max buy in, and if it is used that will determine how much money ends up on the table. In a $40 max game there will be a lot less money than a $200 max even thought why are both a 25c/50c game.
We don’t have a max buy-in but most guys buy in for about $40. There are a couple that crank it up to $100 but it is pretty rare.

1/2 underground, at least $20-25K. Played like 10/20.

Some monkey had a giant stack. lol creamsicle dice plaques worth $500.
plaqueattackTreehouseguinness.jpg

plaqueattackTreehouse.jpg

I ended with a mere 4K.
plaqueattackTreehousecourage.jpg

A friend of mine has that set of chips. They are horrible with all the black on every chip, dirty stacks all the time.

I can ship you a few barrels of $25's if will help persuade them to change to a more secure chip set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom