How Many Languages Do You Speak? (2 Viewers)

How many languages do you speak?

• Total voters
I speak decent amount of Hindi but my accent is so thickly American that only my wife can understand me. It’s really bad

I speak English, bad English, worser English.
I understand written, and oral Scots
I can muddle my way through French if I have to.

Brought up speaking Italian to parents who straight over from Sicily started their new life in Australia would converse back in Aussie to us kids.....lol mates picked up some nice iTi swear words

I can only speak English and some Gujarati. I can understand Gujarati almost perfectly but I can't speak back. It's weird lol

I’m illiterate in six languages.
Seriously, though, I lived in Sweden for a time as a child, and while I can’t say I have any proficiency, when I go back I can understand a fair amount of what I read and hear. But I can’t really respond, except with simple phrases. The longer I’m there, the more it comes back.

I can speak fluently in English, Punjabi and Hindi. !!+1 my wife can actually do this and read and write them too!! She is a gem!

I have a strong desire to pick up Spanish

I can speak English, French and Spanish, in addition to my mother tongue (Greek) and some basic Turkish (I didn't count it in).
I can only understand phonetically some Greek, if spoken properly:D, which is a rare occurence, and some North Eastern American English:)

You forgot serbian my friend :p

3 languages for me : arabic, french and english.
I was born and raised in lebanon (middle east) and arabic is my native language. We learn french at school because lebanon is francophone country. Learned english in high school and university (learned a lot of the language through music, tv...)
I lived in germany for 9months so i can understand some words but definitely cannot maintain a conversation in german.

French,
American
Spanish,
I know, for American and Spanish, I'll have to improve !

For the Americans on here, isn't the real question, how many countries can you point out on a map? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Lol this is the question I’d like answered! Many of the Americans I’ve met while on bike trips are staggeringly ignorant when it comes to Canadian geography:D. They will see the tag on my bike (Alberta) and then ask if it’s close to Toronto lol.

Despite their lack of geographical knowledge, Americans have always been very friendly and hospitable, in my experience.

Lol this is the question I’d like answered! Many of the Americans I’ve met while on bike trips are staggeringly ignorant when it comes to Canadian geography:D. They will see the tag on my bike (Alberta) and then ask if it’s close to Toronto lol.

Despite their lack of geographical knowledge, Americans have always been very friendly and hospitable, in my experience.
Most Americans know that Canada is America's Hat, and that's all we need. :LOL: :laugh:

My wife had a friend that was a bit of a hippie space cadet that fried her brain with too much drugs when she was younger, I think. We were talking about Canada one time and discovered that she thought Canada was across the ocean in Europe somewhere. :confused

Just one language for me...American English with a NW accent (no accent :tup:).

I took 2 years of Russian in college, mostly because the beautiful Russian girls took the classes for the easy 4.0. But, our profs made them tutor the dumb Americans, so spending time with the beautiful girls outside of class was a nice bonus. :D

I can't remember much of it now, though.

For me it's American, obviously, plus Canadian, Australian, British, Irish, Scottish. I can understand a little Welsh, but don't speak it. I also speak a Pig Latin, but that doesn't really count.

For me it's American, obviously, plus Canadian, Australian, British, Irish, Scottish. I can understand a little Welsh, but don't speak it. I also speak a Pig Latin, but that doesn't really count.
I’d like to think that being able to speak fluent pig Latin counts.
Moe = omay
Larry = Arrylay
Curly = Curlycue
Classic 3 stooges

Americani (originally: Germani) pulchri sunt.
Locis frigidissimis, pelles solum habent et in fluminibus se lavantur.

Damn, I forgot to add Latin:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I modified the original Latin text (talking about Germans) to flatter our American friends, in case they can read it.
I 'll have to face the wrath of German members, though, since the rather flattering words were written for their ancient, barbarous, yet handsome, ancestors.:)

Was born to Chinese and Indian parents, though almost everyone in Malaysia speaks a minimum of two languages. English, Malay, and two chinese dialects (Cantonese and Hokkien)

Tbf if Canada did some more entertaining things have a coup or take over Greenland, Americans would know a lot more about it. :p You also do not want to know how surprised I was to learn how close Montreal, Ottawa, and Quebec were to Toronto or how recently that I learned it or how I’ve spent 95% of my life in New England.:bag:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom