How do you protect your chairs when stacking? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to pick up some used Gasser chairs yesterday. They are in great shape, but now, 24 hours after I unstacked them, I still see the stacking indentations in the seats. I'm sure they will relax and come out eventually.

When we play though, I usually unstack my chairs just before people get here with no time to recover from the marks. Do you guys do anything when you stack your chairs to prevent the seats from indenting, or to prevent the legs from scratching? Thanks!

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to pick up some used Gasser chairs yesterday. They are in great shape, but now, 24 hours after I unstacked them, I still see the stacking indentations in the seats. I'm sure they will relax and come out eventually.

When we play though, I usually unstack my chairs just before people get here with no time to recover from the marks. Do you guys do anything when you stack your chairs to prevent the seats from indenting, or to prevent the legs from scratching? Thanks!
I don't care about the indentions- I got mine used and the protective cardboard under the chair is long past it's lifespan. The indents are gone after someone sits in it anyway.

Someone here ordered plastic ones from Gasser. https://www.gasserchairparts.com/tabid/951/CategoryID/71/default.aspx

Thanks for the reply. Ha, ha, judging on the lack of replies here, I must be the only one concerned about it! They are brand new chairs to me, and I'm kind of excited about them, so I guess that's it. Kind of like when you get a new car and there are no scratches on it, you're being so careful, but then a couple months go by and you don't worry about it.

Thanks for the reply. Ha, ha, judging on the lack of replies here, I must be the only one concerned about it! They are brand new chairs to me, and I'm kind of excited about them, so I guess that's it. Kind of like when you get a new car and there are no scratches on it, you're being so careful, but then a couple months go by and you don't worry about it.

I bought my chairs new and that was a concern of mine. Luckily I don't have to stack them but if I did I would put something in between them. 1/8 or 1/4 hardiboard would probably work. You can get a full sheet from the big box store and cut it down yourself. Amazon also sells it in small pieces. https://www.amazon.com/Artlicious-Hardboard-Alternative-Canvas-Boards/dp/B07RWDTYQK

My chairs never get stacked up so I have nothing useful to add other than to get a permanent poker space so you don’t have to stack your nice chairs. :whistle: :whistling: Perhaps the kitchen or dining room chairs can be replaced with the nice Gasser chairs.

Do you guys do anything when you stack your chairs to prevent the seats from indenting,
Yes! I had the same concern for my stacking chairs, which left an X-shaped indentation in the foam after being stacked. I cut out some seat-shaped cardboard pieces and just place them on the seat before stacking another chair on top. When stacked 4-high the foam seats still get compressed a lot, but the cardboard prevents the X-shaped indentation from happening. At the time, I had some leftover cardboard from a shipping box with thicker than normal cardboard, but a couple layers of thin cardboard might work just as well.

Yes! I had the same concern for my stacking chairs, which left an X-shaped indentation in the foam after being stacked. I cut out some seat-shaped cardboard pieces and just place them on the seat before stacking another chair on top. When stacked 4-high the foam seats still get compressed a lot, but the cardboard prevents the X-shaped indentation from happening. At the time, I had some leftover cardboard from a shipping box with thicker than normal cardboard, but a couple layers of thin cardboard might work just as well.
Bam! Simple enough, and free! Thanks for the suggestion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom