Hourglass mold (1 Viewer)

Timmah

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to pick up 404 hour glass mold chips. They don’t appear to have been played with at all. The hot stamps are all perfect and they have sharp edges. The faces have no scratches that I can see.

I was wondering what the value of them might be? This picture was taken right as I got them, and they have not been oiled.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, they weight about 10.5 grams each.

IMG_2797.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd say something like $75-125 a rack. Considering they're brand new! Nice pickup, had my eyes on them too, but too far away for me.

I did some searching on the site. This rack of hourglass mold sold for $75. It appears to be well used and one has chip out of the side of one of them. What’s the difference between that rack and the racks I have?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/rack-of-yellow-old-hourglass-chips-75.110796/

I don't know what the difference is, since I don't have them in hand to compare.

And are you sure they sold at that price? The listing link you posted says 'cancelled'.

I don't know what the difference is, since I don't have them in hand to compare.

And are you sure they sold at that price? The listing link you posted says 'cancelled'.
No. Not sure they sold at that price. Didn’t notice the cancelled tag. Sry

I did some searching on the site. This rack of hourglass mold sold for $75. It appears to be well used and one has chip out of the side of one of them. What’s the difference between that rack and the racks I have?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/rack-of-yellow-old-hourglass-chips-75.110796/

@AK Chip

I was able to pick up 404 hour glass mold chips. They don’t appear to have been played with at all. The hot stamps are all perfect and they have sharp edges. The faces have no scratches that I can see.

I was wondering what the value of them might be? This picture was taken right as I got them, and they have not been oiled.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, they weight about 10.5 grams each.

View attachment 1308444
What a great pick-up! The dude was willing to ship them to me but SOMEBODY was coming to buy them. I’m glad it was a PCF’er. Nice score bro

On molds like hourglass or also the hub mold chips i think both the supply and the demand is noticeably lower than on Paulson or TR King chips.

The weighted chips from both Mason and Rigdon don't feel the slightest bit worse than Paulson and TRK for me, so i think there is no rational ground for them being valued lower. Except for demand that is. On the other hand, they are more rare, so that should balance it out a bit.

In general it is much more volatile, since those that need them to complete a set might be willing to pay more than those that would only grab them because they are clay, when the price is extraordinarily good.

If i had a set of the hourglass mold mapes, i think i would also buy the yellow rack from the classifieds ad for the asking price without hesitation to get a nice frac for my set.

Also congrats on picking up that specific number of chips @Timmah - usually with these old and hard to come by sets it is something like 397 with 3 being lost or destroyed sometime in the past and therefore 3 incomplete racks. Instead you are having exactly one spare per denom. That is pretty neat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom