Home Game Setup (1 Viewer)

dowdyrich

Sitting Out
Reaction score
What type of setup do you have for your home games? Table, chips, game type? When I hosted games with my friends, we simply had a good set of chips, plain cards and drinks. But I have seen someone people go all out with a poker room atmosphere and props; that would be awesome!

So what do you have as far as a setup at your games?

Whenever we play home games we always set it up in our garage, and use our custom poker table. The poker table isn't anything special, but the legs on the table do fold in so it's easy to put away.

I usually go over to a friends house, they have a nice poker table set up in their living room. They have a cheap set of chips and cards though, which I don't mind, they just aren't that fond of chips like I am.

When I get together with the guys I normally use my giant kitchen table, however I have a good set of chips and we normally play Texas hold 'em. Its a good time.

I've been running a home game for 6+ years, gathered a bunch of stuff. Here's a couple pics of the basement -- I can get 3 tables of 10 comfortably.

img1336rm6.jpg

bdaygame.jpg

shannons47thpoker31bs7.jpg

Of course is the weather is ever nice enough, play outside!

342893972603.jpg

Don't have a poker table yet, but when it's nice out, my friends and I always prefer playing outside. I don't know if there's any psychology behind this, but it helps me relax and play a lot better.

We play on a kitchen table with a combo of office chairs, dining chairs and camping chairs. Quite ghetto. But we have a table topper to make it look more professional. At least my chips are pretty good! ;)

Is it wrong of me to have noticed the nicely striped lawn before I noticed the table, chips, or the women? The curse of owning a lawn care company :D

342893972603.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dining room table for most games, I have a poker table that enables me to have two table tourneys if I get enough interest. I have great cards and decent chips.

I have one of those 3-fold toppers that fits on the dining room table. Works ok, and is easily transportable when other people in the league hosts. Handy, but the folds can be problematic, as one of them doesn't lay completely flat...I've been known to flip cards on 'the ramp' while dealing.

I've also picked up a used 48" octagon with folding legs which helps if we need a second table. I have a decent selection of cards, but have some holographic/laser chips. That should be fixed once the chips from the group buy at CT arrive. No one has complained about my chips, but now that I know there are better chips out there for just a little more $$$ in the form of china clays, an upgrade was inevitable.

Dave

Is it wrong of me to have noticed the nicely striped lawn before I noticed the table, chips, or the women? The curse of owning a lawn care company :D

342893972603.jpg

I noticed the same first. I take care of my lawn pretty rigorously. I did have Scotts come and aerate and seed twice. ;)

I host a 2-table tournament monthly. We play on a 94" dining room table and an 82" kitchen table. I use neoprene pads. I like them a lot better than the folding tops and come in either 35"x70" oval, or 48" or 54" round. It's a pretty nice playing surface. I recently purchased a 2MM black neoprene pad to go underneath the table toppers. I have 2 green, 1 red, and 1 black table toppers so I can do a different look when I want to.

Kitchen
Kitchen w Topper.jpg

Dining Room
Dining w Topper.jpg

T1 Chips in Bags.jpg

I have several bags that I put the chips in. That makes the chips secure. I stack the chips on the tables. Here's an example of a table setup for play.
T2 Final Set up.jpg

Last edited:
Those table toppers are pretty cool. I'd probably end up buying them and using em for table cloths regardless lol.

I love the oval toppers! I do wish they came a little bigger. There's a lot of room left on my 94" table. I like the betting ring and the choices in color, though I admit I'm partial to green. Cards slide on them quite easily, and they provide their own padding. The neoprene pads I bought for putting underneath provide another 2MM of padding. Those come in a variety of colors. Those make great table pads, and would work very well with a cloth on top. They are neoprene though, and will get dirty. They aren't hard to wash, but I'd definitely put a cloth over them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom