Home game set (1 Viewer)

andrewljohnson

Reaction score
I am working on putting together a set of chips for my home game, that usually runs at .25/.50 but may run larger at times.

I bought some samples from Apache, CPC, and some Paulsons, and will probably do clays one way or another, around 800-1000 chips.

Feel free to dump knowledge on me! I ended up here rabbit-holing on poker chips.

Define a budget , get more samples , see how consistent your home game is first.

We played for like 3 session before I invested $200~ in a set of Monacos. I didn't like their frac colors , so we play 10x ; IE a $25 is 0.25c.

I now own a set of Apache Royal Card Room Clays for tournament ; love them.

Also got some Replica Aria chips for cash.

I run through how to calculate break downs for cash games, link in signature

Hello and welcome!

Don't overspend. 600 chips well distributed is plenty for a single table cash game.
Hello and welcome.

I had 2 a table cash game with about 600 chips.

100 .25
300 $1s
180 $5s
20 $20s

It just worked out this way based on the buyins. I do have 1000pcs so this set can run 3 tables and a bank of $5,550. But my groups' largest game was about $1200. Good luck finding your balance.

I play similar stakes with my group and one thing that helped was a suggestion I saw somewhere on PCF. Use regular $1's, $5's, $25's etc. but use a 0.1 multiplier. Essentially, $1's become dimes, $5's become 50 cents, etc. You can do a "$1-$3" game that feels like a proper game but 100BB is just $30 instead of $300.

I play similar stakes with my group and one thing that helped was a suggestion I saw somewhere on PCF. Use regular $1's, $5's, $25's etc. but use a 0.1 multiplier. Essentially, $1's become dimes, $5's become 50 cents, etc. You can do a "$1-$3" game that feels like a proper game but 100BB is just $30 instead of $300.
Disgusted Colin Farrell GIF

As everyone else is saying, define your goals and budget clearly. Does 'may run bigger once in a while' mean you'll mix in 1/2 semi frequently and 2/5 on occasion? Or .25/.50 90% of the time, and .50/1 or 1/1 the rest?

1000 chips seems like a lot for a single table cash game that plays .25/.50 to 1/2. You can decide within your budget if you value a larger set or nicer chips more. If your budget is pretty unconstrained then sure, go hog wild. You can definitely build a playable set with 600 chips or less, depending on the range of stakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom