Home Game Expenses (1 Viewer)

How does everyone get reimbursed for expenses of hosting home games (e.g., bottled waters, pizza etc.)?
For tournaments, $5 from every entry fee is pulled to cover consumables. Any funds I don't end up using just goes into the season-ending prize pool.

For cash games I don't seek reimbursement. Some guys leave a few bucks at the end of the night which is appreciated. We actually play out of my corporate office after hours, and some players are related to my consulting biz in some form or another so my company actually pays for the pizza/beverages. I've actually met several clients & business contacts by hosting card games and other social events.

For my WSOP satellite series, I used to do every player provided a meal once unless they were a dedicated dealer.

This year, I'm adding a small surcharge and covering all the food for that series. Easier for everyone.

Other games - all BYOB. I'll provide food sometimes if I feel like cooking. But it's never expected.

Friend of mine's tourney series has the two winners from a round bring food for next round. Works well.

I'll usually buy a couple light snacks and have drinks available, may try and ask others bring some snacks in the future as I'm hosting, but isn't a big deal as of yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom