Home buying help..... (1 Viewer)

nitzilla

Full House
Reaction score
So the wife and I are looking at a house in the area and it is PERFECT: ranch, finished basement (with enough room for 4-5 poker tables and a pool table (not kidding...), 3 car garage, owned solar (not leased, owned out-right), great kitchen with gas stove (a wife 'want'), new build from just 2 years ago, perfect yard for us (small), etc etc.

The only catch is it is a NORTH Facing house, which in CO is usually a bad thing, snow/ice build up on the driveway/sidewalk, the back porch is exposed to direct sun and we would just bake back there.....
I always swore that I would never buy a northern exposure house (our current house is almost due South, a little east)

So, am I being stupid that this one issue is the total deal-breaker..........? :(
After our last house purchase, the wife and I felt like we kind of "rushed" into it, and hence the reason we're looking to move now (after 7 years), and I just don't want that to happen again and have regrets for buying it.......

Anyway, thoughts?
nitzilla

So the wife and I are looking at a house in the area and it is PERFECT: ranch, finished basement (with enough room for 4-5 poker tables and a pool table (not kidding...), 3 car garage, owned solar (not leased, owned out-right), great kitchen with gas stove (a wife 'want'), new build from just 2 years ago, perfect yard for us (small), etc etc.

The only catch is it is a NORTH Facing house, which in CO is usually a bad thing, snow/ice build up on the driveway/sidewalk, the back porch is exposed to direct sun and we would just bake back there.....
I always swore that I would never buy a northern exposure house (our current house is almost due South, a little east)

So, am I being stupid that this one issue is the total deal-breaker..........? :(
After our last house purchase, the wife and I felt like we kind of "rushed" into it, and hence the reason we're looking to move now (after 7 years), and I just don't want that to happen again and have regrets for buying it.......

Anyway, thoughts?
nitzilla
Sounds like you like it so buy the house. Buy an awesome snowblower and some salt and you are good to go. My house also faces north and is not a problem if you remove the snow properly.

Thanks guys!
Just spoke to our realtor, we're going to see what the status is on it and probably put an offer in........! (y) :thumbsup:

I will probably never buy another home. If I do, the ground will be LEVEL!!! It would take a lot for me to give that up.

I like the idea of a rancher as well, especially with the basement.

Your issues can’t be dealt with. you just have to figure out how much time/money is involved.

If you have to clear the snow, how will that feel when you’re 50, 60, etc.? Are their services available when you no longer want or can clear it? Will you no longer be there at 60? Things like that.

One reason we bought our house was the first floor, 400sqf, greatroom above the garage. It now houses my poker table and pool table. Overall, I guess it was worth it, but my knees aren’t loving the steps out front...

Last edited:
I almost forgot to mention this: Our Realtor's name is "Chip" I am not kidding.....!! We met on Friday, it was a match made in PCF heaven :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom