Tourney High stakes t5k base up to 500k chip breakdown single table (1 Viewer)

Manbearpig

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi, new member here, I own a couple sets already (600 t25 tourney set, 500 microstakes cash set) and am looking for a single table set (most likely around 5-8 players but want to be able to accommodate rebuys). I’m looking for a higher stakes set with. T5k base, basically 5k,25k,100k chips and 500k plaques. Just for the fun of it haha. But I am a little unsure of how many of each chip would be best. I’m having less denoms so we can have a lot of chips in front of us. I was thinking along the lines of this

150 - 5k
150 - 25k
100 - 100k
20 - 500k plaques

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated

Update: I also just considered adding plaques to my t25 set which goes to 5k so I can just do different tbases as I wish, but I’ll probably do that anyway down the road. Just love to have a variety to choose from ya know? Haha thanks

Hi Manbearpig!

I am a new member too - it's nice to meet you.
To give you a better recommendation I would need some more information on the tourney you want to run.

How long should your tournament last in total?

Do you limit the amount of rebuys a player can make? If no - how many do you expect / want to accommodate for?

Do you already know the size of your starting stack? If you want to hand out plaques from the start of the tournament I would recommend a stack size of at least 1,5M, since making change can be really awkward if a single plaque represents such a big percentage of the average stack. 2M would probably ideal for 500k plaques but that would mean more plaques - and those things get expensive fast :)
Depending on the other parameters, making the plaques worth 250k in a 1M starting stack might be a viable option too.

Otherwise, from the first glance cutting a few T5ks and T25ks and adding a few T100ks might be a good idea. With e.g. 120/120/160 chips you could still have a lot of chips in front of your players from the get-go and have more wiggle-room for rebuys with the same amount of chips. With the added bonus of having your chips in full barrels of 20 if you wish to store them in racks.

Once you can answer the questions above it's easier to discuss a more detailed chip breakdown, starting stacks, blind levels and so on

Very nice to meet you and that is some great advice!
I’m looking to have around 2-3 hour tourney. Maybe 1.5m to 2m starting stacks. I can get 200k plaques as well
Since chips mostly come in rolls of 25, maybe 125/125/150 would suffice?
Thanks for your reply :)

If your tournament should end within 3 hours I would lean towards the lower 1,5M starting stack. This way you can be a little bit less aggressive with your blind structure and still finish in the same amount of time.

I agree with what @allforcharity said regarding the chip needs.

For the lower denominations I'd recommend to stick as close to the amount you need for the starting stack as possible. The 5k chips will be irrelevant and should be exchanged for higher value chips after about 1 hour in such a quick tournament. The same goes for the 25k chips after ~2 hours. Just make sure you have leftover 100k chips and plaques in the bank to cover the total value of those chips.

A lot of people who are new to organizing tournaments use starting stacks for rebuys. I would not recommend that since there should already be enough change around and it's just a lot of extra chips that you have to buy with little to no added value to your game.
However, since you said that you would like lots of chips on the table, giving your players 10x100k chips + 2 plaques (or 1 plaque for 1,5M) to re-enter might not be the worst idea, if you so desire. It probably isn't strictly optimal - if there even is such a thing - but at least the 100k chips will be in play until the tournament is over.
That being said, just go for what makes you more happy,. That's the ultimate goal! If you are unsure, you can always compare prices and take the cheaper option ;)

However, since you said that you would like lots of chips on the table, giving your players 10x100k chips + 2 plaques (or 1 plaque for 1,5M) to re-enter might not be the worst idea, if you so desire. It probably isn't strictly optimal - if there even is such a thing - but at least the 100k chips will be in play until the tournament is over.
That being said, just go for what makes you more happy,. That's the ultimate goal! If you are unsure, you can always compare prices and take the cheaper option ;)

Quoting myself because I forgot to mention that, for the same reasons, using a 10/10/12/X starting stack might be another way to fulfill your wishes for literal mountains of chips too.

Awesome guys! Thanks this really helped, I’ll be making out the amounts from these replies,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom