Hi, Steaks: the Official PCF Steak Thread (2 Viewers)

jr8719

Full House
Reaction score
So let me get this straight? PCF has its own whisky, wine and cigar threads — but not one for steaks?!

Since I'm not buying a huge amount of chips at the moment – and find myself with a bit more disposal income having recently become single – I've turned to another relatively expensive hobby: cooking steak.

And I can't be the only one, surely?

I'll kick things off by saying that dry brining and reverse searing are life-changing processes...

IMG_20211010_005148.jpg

IMG_20211010_005208.jpg

IMG20201231184159.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the pictures but I do find it funny that a post created 15 minutes ago has got so many responses already because people already have pictures of their steaks. Possibly just in case a thread like this was created.
I restrained myself. I figured 6 pics was plenty. I have an album. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Agreed re dry-brining and reverse sear! We do a standing rib roast every year and I reverse sear it...low and slow in the oven until the internal temp hits rare, then rest, then blast it at full-heat for a quick crust.

View attachment 797006View attachment 797007View attachment 797008
View attachment 797010View attachment 797009View attachment 797011
Dear Lord! This is the TRK of rib roasts!

I've only just invested in a cast iron skillet like yours – what oil do you use for cooling in it?

Loving the pictures but I do find it funny that a post created 15 minutes ago has got so many responses already because people already have pictures of their steaks. Possibly just in case a thread like this was created.
This is the reason I was put on earth: to give others a reason to post their photos. This is the meaning of life, for me.

Hmmm. Respectfully, you clearly haven't had NYC steakhouse hashbrowns or creamed spinach. And I know a place that will melt gruyere over the hashbrowns.
As a rule of thumb, we only have hash browns for breakfast over here – but I'll happily have steak for breakfast, too.

With you on the creamed spinach: that plus mac and cheese are my go-to combo.

Something I'm really interested in hearing ahead of my first Vegas trip next May: top three steakhouses in Vegas?

I plan to eat at five over eight nights; thus far, I've got Oscar's, Barry's Prime and Andiamo all but locked in.

Something I'm really interested in hearing ahead of my first Vegas trip next May: top three steakhouses in Vegas?

I plan to eat at five over eight nights; thus far, I've got Oscar's, Barry's Prime and Andiamo all but locked in.
I've only ate at Cut inside the Palazzo (been twice) and it was out of this world both times. Food is one of the main reasons I keep going back to Vegas.

Just "some filet", hahahaha...
View attachment 797022

I have a lot of mouths to feed! Going out to dinner at even a cheap place like Applebee’s will cost me a $100. So it is much more affordable and better tasting to buy good steak to make at home.

I feel sorry for my future daughter’s BF/husband as she is hooked on filet, all other steak is to chewy for her! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

A358C441-2AF6-4802-A115-F029EA7D6E1F.jpeg

I've only ate at Cut inside the Palazzo (been twice) and it was out of this world both times. Food is one of the main reasons I keep going back to Vegas.
Is that the Wolfgang Puck one? I'll probably be staying at the Venetian for three of my eight nights, so will add it to the list. Cheers!

I have a lot of mouths to feed! Going out to dinner at even a cheap place like Applebee’s will cost me a $100. So it is much more affordable and better tasting to buy good steak to make at home.

I feel sorry for my future daughter’s BF/husband as she is hooked on filet, all other steak is to chewy for her! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 797032
Feeding your children filet is, without question, the epitome of great parenting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom