Hey from Detroit! (1 Viewer)

quixotemi

High Hand
Reaction score
Long time lurker and finally decided to create an account! From Detroit MI. Got my own place and decided to get a poker table... and inevitably chips. Been going down the rabbit hole for quite a while now. Started my search by wanting the Slowplay Nash ceramic poker chips (found on Amazon), and I think I'm settling on the Chesterfield replica's from CPC. Bit of a price increase from where I started :D

Welcome, we have a pretty solid group of hosts and players in Southern Michigan. I played at a pretty good home game in Royal oak last night. I host once a month in Ypsilanti.

What games and stakes do you play? What chips do you have your eyes set on?

Welcome and make sure to get samples, and once you narrow the molds down to ones you like based on looks, get a stack of 10 so you can shuffle them and get a good feel

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

We normally play 0.25/0.50 with an average $100 buy-in. Though the games balloon pretty quickly and the standard raises gets into $5 to start. Most of us are in for a few hundred after a couple of hours. Especially once dealers choice gets into the mix...

I'm always looking for more games to play in too!

For the chips, I'm really loving these because of the design and how much Rounders meant to me growing up: http://www.classicpokerchips.com/stock/chesterfieldpl.htm

I originally looked at the Teddy KGB version (http://www.classicpokerchips.com/stock/rounderss.htm), but something about "Chesterfield Club" is just so cool!

Great idea on samples - I'll try to get some!

For denominations I'm looking at something like this: 100 x 0.25, 200 x 1, 150 x 5, 50 x 25. Our game usually has 6-9 players and I'm thinking that amount should be enough to cover us. I might also get some $50 plaques.

We normally play 0.25/0.50 with an average $100 buy-in

I host the same stakes. Our rebuys our $100 max or half the dep stack. We also play the occasional 4/8 limit game. I usually only host Dealers Choice games. Some of the guys will host a fixed rotation of NLHE/PLO/ Big O. I'll play NLHE, but honestly, if I was never dealt it again, that would be too soon lol.

If you are interested in attending any games to the west of you, hit me up via PM when you get 10 posts.

For denominations I'm looking at something like this: 100 x 0.25, 200 x 1, 150 x 5, 50 x 25. Our game usually has 6-9 players and I'm thinking that amount should be enough to cover us. I might also get some $50 plaques.

I usually run with 600 chip sets. I like to build them to be able to play a few different stakes.

100 x .25
200 x 1
200 x 5
80 x 25
20 x 100

I don't need this many, but its more fun than 500 chips :)

Welcome, we have a pretty solid group of hosts and players in Southern Michigan. I played at a pretty good home game in Royal oak last night. I host once a month in Ypsilanti.

What games and stakes do you play? What chips do you have your eyes set on?
Agreed you have a good crew... expect for the @WedgeRock dude - he's a total weirdo :cool

I host the same stakes. Our rebuys our $100 max or half the dep stack. We also play the occasional 4/8 limit game. I usually only host Dealers Choice games. Some of the guys will host a fixed rotation of NLHE/PLO/ Big O. I'll play NLHE, but honestly, if I was never dealt it again, that would be too soon lol.

If you are interested in attending any games to the west of you, hit me up via PM when you get 10 posts.

I usually run with 600 chip sets. I like to build them to be able to play a few different stakes.

100 x .25
200 x 1
200 x 5
80 x 25
20 x 100

I don't need this many, but its more fun than 500 chips :)

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, I might stack up another 50 of the 5's. But to be honest, the pricing is getting pretty up there - especially with the plaques. On the other hand... I was willing to spend $400 on an Amazon set - and at least for $1300 these ones will tell a cool story! :D

How far west? I'm usually in Lansing almost every weekend visiting family and friends.

I'm sure this isn't anything new to anyone here... but I'm pretty excited that they're here :D

Attachments

• Photo May 07 2023, 17 45 17.jpg
    Photo May 07 2023, 17 45 17.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 65

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom