Help With Breakdowns and Cash vs. Tourney / Bounty Design for Seinfeld (2 Viewers)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short I’m finally getting labels for my 8V CCs (thanks again @Gear).

I have the design, just no idea how to possibly use the chips I have. Looking for any advice or help, and yes I’m assuming I’m going to have some leftovers / can’t be used.

Whites x 740
Grey x 340
Purple x 420
Pink x 400
Green x 300
Brown x 400
Black x 500
Blue x 600

These are more just a fun side project to do some of my first labeling and whatnot to see how it goes, so you can throw out any normal rules to try and make it work. If I could get a cash and tourney set with them sharing a color or two (I know, I know, I know), that’s fine as I may just give one set away eventually anyways.

And lastly there’s no red, but if you have a great breakdown that would fit these if there was red, I could just have the labels done and chase down red later. Cash set would most likely be .25, $1, $5, but i wouldn’t mind higher denoms on hand as well.

Thanks!
Jeff

Last edited:
image.jpg

Alright that was a shitty initial post. I checked out some old BGinGA stuff, and am looking at the following:

Cash:
.05 - 100 Brown
.25 - 200 Pink
$1 - 200 Blue
$5 - 200 Green
$20 - 100 Black
$100 - 100 White (no need for em, but what else am I gonna do with 800 white chips)

Tourney:
T25 - 200 Green
T100 - 200 Black
T500 - 100 Gray
T1000 - 200 Pink
T5000 - 200 Purple
T25000 - 100 Brown

100 Bounties (don’t want empty racks) on Blue or White
Maybe some extra $1 and $5 grand opening chips just to use the extras

This leaves me with 640 extra whites, 240 gray, 220 purple, no pink, -100 green, 200 brown, 200 black, and 300 blue.

Would you say screw it, dump all the leftovers into the cash set? Change any color/denoms? What to do with 640 white chips?

You have a lot of flexibility, but here's my ideaTourney:
T25 green
T100 black
T500 purple
T1000 brown
T5000 pink
T25000 blue

Cash:
25¢ blue
$1 white or gray
$5 purple (or wait for red)
$20 just about anything

You have a lot of flexibility, but here's my ideaTourney:
T25 green
T100 black
T500 purple
T1000 brown
T5000 pink
T25000 blue

Cash:
25¢ blue
$1 white or gray
$5 purple (or wait for red)
$20 just about anything
I like this. I don't really have a need for a nickel anyways, just figured more chips. And this way I'm not having to look for greens to finish as well.

I did a cali-inspired set with mine.
5¢ gray
25¢ pink
$1 blue
$5 brown (think Garden City)
$20 black
$100 white

I thought this through and came up with a breakdown. Instead of posting it, I will ask all of the questions I thought of while making it and then make those revisions based on answers.

What are your priorities for the set(s)? Use as many chips as possible? Use the most of a certain color? Do you have colors that you like better than others and want to use those (brown chip is least favorite vs I love the blue and want to use as many of those as possible)? Is the priority to avoid repeating colors between cash and tournament? Are there certain chips that you want to use for certain denominations (seeing blue as a $1 is your preference)?

I went through this same process trying to figure out what to do with the 8Vs I was able to acquire.

I thought this through and came up with a breakdown. Instead of posting it, I will ask all of the questions I thought of while making it and then make those revisions based on answers.
Yeah there weren't really any personal preferences. It was mostly about using as many chips as possible across a cash and tourney set, without worrying about repeating colors. That being said, I'm not always the best person in a room to choose the most aesthetically pleasing setup, so anyone else's help is appreciated on the color aspect.

With beakers help, this is where I'm now currently at:
.05 - Gray
.25 - Pink
$1 - Blue
$5 - Brown
$20 - Black
$100 - White
(Only colors not used - Purple & Green)

T25 - Green
T100 - Black
T500 - Purple
T1000 - Brown
T5K - Pink
T25K - Blue
Bounties - Gray
(Only color not used - White)

Timinater was able to put together a nice, simple and clean look for these. Was a PCF idea with the nod to Seinfeld in a random thread, so figured might as well.

Just need an idea for the bounty and these can be done. Silhouette of the soup nazi, summer of George reference, vandalay industries? @Schmendr1ck you have an idea/opinion?

V1-Moops_Missing Pie.jpg

Timinater was able to put together a nice, simple and clean look for these. Was a PCF idea with the nod to Seinfeld in a random thread, so figured might as well.

Just need an idea for the bounty and these can be done. Silhouette of the soup nazi, summer of George reference, vandalay industries? @Schmendr1ck you have an idea/opinion?

View attachment 354301
There must be a Festivus chip. :wow:

And since nobody else has said it, dibs on some of the leftovers chips.

If you and @Zmasterben hadn't gotten into the bidding war on the set he is currently selling, I would have had all the chips I needed/wanted.

Absolutely, just couldn’t think of any design ideas that would look good. We’ll see if Tim comes up with anything.

Edit: Speaking of which, maybe we’ll make a donation to the human fund in the name of the winner.
I posted that image because I think the graphic style might work well for a Festivus chip.

This leaves me with 640 extra whites, 240 gray, 220 purple, no pink, -100 green, 200 brown, 200 black, and 300 blue.

Would you say screw it, dump all the leftovers into the cash set? Change any color/denoms? What to do with 640 white chips?

Well you could always gift them to some poor newbie that doesn't have any chips yet, but would treasure them forever. If you don't know any, I fit that description! :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom