Help to identify this font (1 Viewer)

rrobyrrroby

Two Pair
Reaction score
Any help?

1674317279341.png

I’ve seen that typeface asked about previously, and I don’t think there ever was an answer.
If its origin is old enough, the typeface may have been drawn by hand, like so many early inlay designs.

Last edited:
Does anyone have clean vectors of the common numbers (1,2,5,0) and currency symbols ($,¢) in this font?

Those are the dies used for the DDs bourbon basement. I have new TRKs being made end of month.
trk-denoms-22mm-01-jpg.981612
@Josh Kifer are these (or the new TRK dies you had made) proprietary or open source/public domain? If they were duplicates of the TRK denoms, would it be considered fair use for others?

Not getting into the hotstamping business, but the fonts/graphics might be cool to use as faux hotstamps on ceramics, or printed on labels for inlays like @Machine's Icarus chips.

@Josh Kifer are these (or the new TRK dies you had made) proprietary or open source/public domain? If they were duplicates of the TRK denoms, would it be considered fair use for others?

Not getting into the hotstamping business, but the fonts/graphics might be cool to use as faux hotstamps on ceramics, or printed on labels for inlays like @Machine's Icarus chips.
Interesting, it's not the same typeface, but very similar for sure.

Doubt they are a true duplicate, but same style for sure. Tons of different versions that have very small differences.

Doubt they are a true duplicate, but same style for sure. Tons of different versions that have very small differences.
Yeah, definitely not duplicate of the OP, since yours have ball terminals.

Since @Colquhoun is making what he (re)created available, could just use that, but curious if you'd allow use of yours for non-hotstamp purposes. (Also what is the difference between your original denom dies and the new ones?)

If anyone has an example of the matching cent sign, I'll add it.

Fortunately the $ and ¢ are not ornate, so finding a similar "C" and adding vertical lines would probably fit the style. Or just creating it from scratch:

1674361003338.png

(Right graphic is just an expansion of the center, which is just combining/removing the overlapping shapes in the left graphic.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom