Tourney Help me with my heads um tourney structure for TONIGHT (1 Viewer)

Mr_Y3RAC

Straight
Reaction score
Hello fellow chippers!

I’m visiting an old friend of mine and I thought it would be fun to play some heads up tourney. Sadly I really have no idea what structure I’m supposed to choose for my breakdown of chips. Ideally I would like the tourney to take around 3h.

These are the available Chips:

T5: 175x
T25: 175x
T100: 100x
T500: 50x

Can someone please help me with a tournament structure?

Thanks in advance!

Clemens

Read, but don't use as such. That's the only post that Dave has made in all these years on CT and PCF that I vehemently disagree with.

In heads-up play, antes are nothing more than an annoyance and a waste of time to manage. Just add those antes to the blinds in the tables and play it that way, because that's what you're actually doing.

Read, but don't use as such. That's the only post that Dave has made in all these years on CT and PCF that I vehemently disagree with.

In heads-up play, antes are nothing more than an annoyance and a waste of time to manage. Just add those antes to the blinds in the tables and play it that way, because that's what you're actually doing.

Actually, when those structures were developed, antes made a lot of sense for our group at the time. There were a lot of inexperienced players, often folding pre-flop all but the most premium of hands. Antes made each pot seem more worthwhile fighting for with more hands, and loosened up play considerably.

Although what Larry says is true in theory, the pyschological effect of antes is real. Even most full-table tournaments that use antes do not suspend them once play is heads-up.

Hello fellow chippers!

I’m visiting an old friend of mine and I thought it would be fun to play some heads up tourney. Sadly I really have no idea what structure I’m supposed to choose for my breakdown of chips. Ideally I would like the tourney to take around 3h.

Thanks in advance!

Clemens
Rather than looking to play a single 3-hour heads-up event (which will almost never take that long; dual all-in cooler hands are somewhat common two-handed), I advise playing a series of shorter heads-up matches, which tend to more accurately reflect better play vs luck. Our format used best-two-of-three matches to determine a winner, but could easily be stretched to best-three-of-five or even a 7-match series.

Antes are often excluded from heads up event. Antes are beneficial to tournament play as they improve pot odds which widen RFI ranges (and hence all other downstream actions), combatting the ICM pressure. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a shift towards larger and larger antes in high stakes poker, maybe the 2BB ante becomes a thing

However in heads up, there is no ICM tightening. And RFI for D/SB without ante is something like 85%, plenty wide.

Skip the ante for your HU tourney.

As for structure, T2000 starting at 10/20 should be fun. Play as best of 3 matchup:

10 min levels:
10/20
15/30
20/40
30/60
40/80
50/100
(Overtime)
75/150
100/200
150/300

Hello fellow chippers!

Thanks in advance!

Clemens
Have fun Clemens, sounds like a cool evening. Don't forget to take pictures? Are you playing on your majestics set?

I will take some pictures and yes playing with the Majestics :)
tenor.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom