Help me finish my Jack Detroit cash set! (1 Viewer)

Which Jack Detroit rack should I buy to round out the set?

• $1's (relabeled as nickels)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • $25 secondary (relabeled as quarter)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 secondary (relabeled as $1)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • $5 (face value)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I currently have a 900 chip cash set that I plan on rounding out to 1000 chips just to make all of the numbers even because I'm obsessive compulsive like that. I plan on keeping these chips for life, so I plan on getting in touch with Gear to make some sweet custom label-overs to meet my needs.

I mainly play a. 10/.20 game with friends with unlimited $20 buy ins, but total bank hardly exceeds $200 on the night. On occasion, I will try to get a .25/.50 game with a $50 buy in. I don't see myself hosting a $100 buy in any time soon. That being said, nickels and lots of quarters will be needed.

This is what I'm going to have:

200 Jack Detroit white $1's(relabeled to be used as 0.05 nickels, shoutout @SeanGecko )

300 Jack Detroit $25 watermelon secondaries (relabeled as 0.25 quarters)

200 Jack Detroit black, pink, white secondaries (relabeled as $1's, shoutout @detroitdad )

100 Jack Detroit pink snappers (maintaining 2.50 value each)

100 Jack Detroit red $5's (maintaining value at $5 each)

That leaves one more rack to be filled out. Was thinking maybe another rack of the $100 secondaries for more dollars, but I acquired the snappers, which would negate the need for more $1 chips.

Maybe another rack of nickels? I don't know what to do! Help!

Hello everyone!

I currently have a 900 chip cash set that I plan on rounding out to 1000 chips just to make all of the numbers even because I'm obsessive compulsive like that. I plan on keeping these chips for life, so I plan on getting in touch with Gear to make some sweet custom label-overs to meet my needs.

I mainly play a. 10/.20 game with friends with unlimited $20 buy ins, but total bank hardly exceeds $200 on the night. On occasion, I will try to get a .25/.50 game with a $50 buy in. I don't see myself hosting a $100 buy in any time soon. That being said, nickels and lots of quarters will be needed.

This is what I'm going to have:

200 Jack Detroit white $1's(relabeled to be used as 0.05 nickels, shoutout @SeanGecko )

300 Jack Detroit $25 watermelon secondaries (relabeled as 0.25 quarters)

200 Jack Detroit black, pink, white secondaries (relabeled as $1's, shoutout @detroitdad )

100 Jack Detroit pink snappers (maintaining 2.50 value each)

100 Jack Detroit red $5's (maintaining value at $5 each)

That leaves one more rack to be filled out. Was thinking maybe another rack of the $100 secondaries for more dollars, but I acquired the snappers, which would negate the need for more $1 chips.

Maybe another rack of nickels? I don't know what to do! Help!
You're probably set for nickels with having 200. More dollars would be my choice. VERY NICE SET!!!
Maybe sell the snappers?

I'd go with $5s especially if you are going to go with a .25/.50 game in the future. Better to future proof for expansion, and if need be you can always use the $5's in your .10/.20 as a high value chip.

You're probably set for nickels with having 200. More dollars would be my choice. VERY NICE SET!!!
Maybe sell the snappers?

NEVAR!

I literally just sent payment for the snappers, don't even have them yet! Which leads me to...

I'd go with $5s especially if you are going to go with a .25/.50 game in the future. Better to future proof for expansion, and if need be you can always use the $5's in your .10/.20 as a high value chip.
I got the snappers because I'm a sucker for diversity among my chips. Also got the snappers to increase the size of my bank. As of now, the total bank stands at 100 $5's ($500) + 100 snappers ($250)+ 200 $1's ($200)+ 300 quarters ($75) + 200 nickels ($10) =$1035. More than enough, even if I host a few $50 buy in games with unlimited rebuys. Even could probably handle a $100 buy in game with 6 players if half buy back in.

It kills be because I love the $5's, but they're so damn expensive! In terms of future proofing the set, I think the $5's are the way to go, but I don't know how else to proceed, as I think I would have enough of dollars with the rack of snappers to fill the gaps between the $1's and before the $5's have to come out.

Adding to your bank get some Plaques for your $20

Attachments

• IMG_20190901_164337977.jpg
    IMG_20190901_164337977.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 94
Think I'm going with more dollars rather than $5's.

A breakdown of

200 nickels
300 quarters
300 $1's
100 snappers
100 $5's

Allows for a bank of $1135, which is more than enough for what I need. Thanks all!

Someone contact ABC Gifts STAT to make some custom Jack plaques. I smell group buy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom