Help me design a championship belt to award to the winner of my annual poker tournament league (2 Viewers)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Per the title.

Rather than award a trophy, I love the idea of awarding this at the end of each tournament league season:

https://www.undisputedbelts.com/col...nship-belt-custom-text?variant=34893570277510

It looks like the text on the main plate and side plates can be customized. I'm thinking of customizing the main plate to read "Jack's Card Room" on the top line, and "Tournament Champion" on the bottom line.

The side plates are where I am having issues though. I like the side plate on the left that says "Poker Master Champion", but would inquire if I could change "Master" to "Tournament". The cards on the right side plate are fine, but I'd forego the "Aces high" text if I'm able. Does anyone have any suggestions for text to put there?

On the smaller end plates is where I have the most wiggle room. I'm going to use one and change out one of them on an annual basis and award a custom side plate with the winner's name and season year. For example, it'd read "JMC9389 2021-2022 Champion". Each year the belt is awarded, the undisputedbelt site sells custom extra side and end plates that could be made new each year for each new winner. Once a new champion is crowned, the old plates go off, the previous year's winner keeps their old championship plate as their trophy, and the new one goes on the belt, and so on.

Question is, what the hell do I do with the other end plate? I could use some ideas there. Do I just leave both end plates blank for the inaugural year until the first champion is awarded?

Also open to ideas for strap color, and main plate and side and end plate color combos. I'm willing to get creative here and not necessarily go for the traditional black and gold wrestling style belts.

I've also wanted to do this, just cant get past the cost. I think I'll try to make something myself, more inline with my homemade trophy.

I think something red and lacy from Victoria's Secret would be an excellent base for the championship belt. Add some chips and maybe some cash stuck under a garter. That could become especially memorable!

The winner is required to model the prize for all to see the night of his/her win -=- DrStrange

I've also wanted to do this, just cant get past the cost. I think I'll try to make something myself, more inline with my homemade trophy.
True. It's probably 7 or 8 guys total in this thing. $20 once per person for "league dues" to cover this would work.

I think something red and lacy from Victoria's Secret would be an excellent base for the championship belt. Add some chips and maybe some cash stuck under a garter. That could become especially memorable!

The winner is required to model the prize for all to see the night of his/her win -=- DrStrange
With a number of quite attractive female players in my group, I could see some serious chip-dumping occuring.

If the trophy switched hands each year, it would be a one-time expense that would set your game above all others.

Think about it. $120 to make your game a little better with something everyone would notice. How much have you spent on chips? How many people notice?

If the trophy switched hands each year, it would be a one-time expense that would set your game above all others.

Think about it. $120 to make your game a little better with something everyone would notice. How much have you spent on chips? How many people notice?
It’s not the expense that would bother me, it’s the hugeness of this thing. For the same money you could get a bracelet or a ring or a small trophy or card protector or something somebody could stick on a shelf.
What exactly is somebody supposed to do with a giant $150 belt?

Last edited:
Make it a perpetual trophy and leave the side plates blank. You can custom print the winner's name and year (any trophy joint can do this, and paste it on the side plate, they cost like $5). The winner gets to have possession of it during each game until he/she is dethroned.
This is my idea. I'm thinking of buying the belt with blank side plates and when a new winner is crowned, it can be engraved with their name and the year they won the league. If a new winner is awarded the following year, the previous plate gets removed, and the previous winner keeps it as their memento or trophy, and then the new plate with the new champion goes onto the belt.

The guys are starting to ask how much I spend on the new chips, as I have been putting a new set into play almost every time we play. Of the sets I currently have, I've only put the Jack cash chips into play more than once. I lie because I'm ashamed slightly :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It’s not the expense that would bother me, it’s the hugeness of this thing. For the same money you could get a bracelet or a ring or a small trophy or card protector or something somebody could stick on a shelf.
Wear it around and rub it in everyone else's face :p

We're a friendly group that busts each other's chops all the time. As mentioned above, the removable side plates that would be engraved would be the thing to stick on the shelf once a new champion is awarded.

Wear it with pride.

Hold up yer pants.

Wear it around and rub it in everyone else's face :p

We're a friendly group that busts each other's chops all the time. As mentioned above, the removable side plates that would be engraved would be the thing to stick on the shelf once a new champion is awarded.
I suppose wearing it to tournament nights would be worth it. I'd want the Macho Man's music playing, as I walked in.

That’s an awesome idea!
57E70B9F-CF48-4C15-8C1D-6F6BEAE53365.jpeg

We offer bracelets for out season ending finale, and shirts for our Player of the Year.

That stuff shows at every single game.

The belt would be awesome.

I love this idea. Our guys have been talking about something like this for our league. Only thing is the cost. No one wants to pay for the damn thing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom