Cash Game Help a noob with some mixed limit games and rules (1 Viewer)

My group plays strictly limit. $2/$4 or $3/$6. Here is the simple rotation we absolutely love and works great for those who are used to playing only Hold’em.

Hold’em
Double-Board Hold’em
Omaha
Double-Board Omaha
SOHE

Start with Hold’em. Then introduce double board to get a split pot variation. Then introduce Omaha to get a 4 card game in the mix. Then double board that. And then throw in SOHE which is just Hold’em and Omaha at the same time. Easy. I stay away from hi-lo games and stud variants.

I love this idea and will start here. It'll be a good learning experience for everyone and fun without straying too far from what we have been doing.

It warms my heart to see more folks interested in mixed games.

Betting structures are coded on the mixed-game cards on the little chip icons:
SB = Small Bet (e.g., $1 in a 1/2 game)
BB = Big Bet (e.g., $2 in a 1/2 game)
BET = a betting round in a NL or PL game

The big blind is the same as the SB. The small blind is 1/2 of the big blind. If necessary, the small blind is rounded, often down (e.g., $2 in a $5/10 game).

Antes require smaller denominated chips. Most of the games I've played in use a dealer ante equal to the big blind. In stud games, the bring-in is a fraction of the small blind (1/4 to 1/2 depending on the chips).

For example, a limit game using a single denomination (except for value chips) can be described in terms of the number of chips needed:

Small blind = 1 chip
Big Blind = Small Bet = 2 chips
Big Bet = 4 chips
Stud: Dealer Ante = 2 chips
Stud: Bring-in (forced bet) = 1 chip

Edit: @churlbut18 already posted most of this info.

QQ would beat AK on both boards here anyway right?
No flush > trips.

Also a good intro game IMO is 3 Hand Hold’em, gets people thinking about different combinations with a game they are already familiar with. Can get crazy pots because more people stay in because of familiarity.

No flush > trips.

Also a good intro game IMO is 3 Hand Hold’em, gets people thinking about different combinations with a game they are already familiar with. Can get crazy pots because more people stay in because of familiarity.

For some reason I saw the 3 as a diamond. I guess I was still sleeping.

No flush > trips.

The first board has a full house....Qs full of 2s.

I would start w limit hold em, and pineapple (eases nl players into limit format,” and then try to add in a limit Omaha high low, the greatest game ever imho

Interested to hear how everything turned out for you @saleen121212
after going to MinneMania 2020 I have brought some mixed games to my players. Three of us core players are having a blast with Draw2maha, Scarney, Badugi, and 2-7 triple draw being favorites. A couple others are slowly coming around.
I went to another home game on their “Choice” night and was disappointed that NL Big O was called 3 orbits in a row.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom