Hello..New Guy From Michigan (1 Viewer)

Attachments

• 20190319_103357.jpg
    20190319_103357.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 65
Well, my name is pretty much the same one as that one guy that played basketball for the U of M just when I started playing basketball, so uh you can probably guess my all-time favorite player ;)

Well, my name is pretty much the same one as that one guy that played basketball for the U of M just when I started playing basketball, so uh you can probably guess my all-time favorite player ;)
Boom! Mic drop. So your name is not "Mayce Edward Christopher Webber III". Cuz that would have been a crazy coincidence!

Welcome to the group, I’m from Center Line/Warren Michigan not far at all from Troy & Troy happens to be my name lol.

I was born in California but grew up (from age 4 or 5) in Michigan. My parents met at MSU. 5 of 7 siblings in my mom's family went to MSU. I love MSU! But I love being a Michigander too, and there have been some tough times around there. I'm a firm believer in the value of a good education, and in the value of having good schools in your community. U of M is a great school. I respect that (more so than the athletics). So, I root for them too as a way of rooting for the future of my people. But if we were playing U of M, make no mistake about it... I'm a Spartan through and through!

For me, a big part of this is not living in-state anymore. Ever since I left, my UM animosity has been waaaaaay down. It’s like I’m happy enough to see people around here from my home state that I don’t care what school they went to, ha.

To OP - welcome aboard!

For those who may extract some personal meaning from this, @msuroo and I actually knew each other from college and recently discovered this while discussing a chip deal on PCF. It's a small world after all. So cool!

Out here in Orange County, I believe we have the largest MSU Alumni association outside of the great state of Michigan. We have a couple of big MSU bars too. But there are a lot of people. Lots of Pac12 fans too. We've just got to be careful about hating on teams and show we care more about the people. As a wise man (named Papa Burgundy) once said..."Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Ann Arbor here. And if we meet Sparty in the big dance, look out because there's no way we'll lose 3 times... I mean 4 times in a row.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom