Hello from New York! (1 Viewer)

demax51

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've lurked here quite a bit over the last year or so as I was researching my chip purchase, so thanks to everybody for all of the useful info you guys have accumulated here!

I ended up going with a set of 10g Classic Ceramics from The Poker Store. I know they're not as fancy as Paulsons or some such, but I'm very happy with them.

My cash game set is ~850 chips, ranging from $0.25 up to $20, for a total of ~$1,550. My group of 7/8 are mostly pretty new to the game, so we've been playing limit games like $0.50/$1.00 fixed or $0.50 - $2.50 spread. Everybody buys in for $50, and that's lasted even the biggest losers each night our whole 5-ish hour session, so I've got plenty of headroom in my set. I had originally ordered fewer quarter and 1-dollar chips, but I think my players prefer to have a larger number of chips to start, so I recently got another 125 of each of each. Now everybody starts with 40 quarters and 40 dollars. Everybody seems to be enjoying it so far! I haven't lost any players yet, and the game's grown each month. I even have a few more that I know are interested, but I'm not sure if we could/should squeeze in more than 8.

My tourney chip set is ~500 pieces and ranges from T25s up to T5,000s. I have T1,000 starting stacks in the tubes ready to go, and then we just add on however many more higher-value chips depending on how long of a tournament we want.

IMG_0761.jpg
IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg

Welcome to PCF! My first sets were from The Poker Store as well. I have a Monte Carlo cash set and a tournament set of Turbo ceramics. Your setup looks great! It is miles ahead of ours when we first started.

Welcome to PCF! My first sets were from The Poker Store as well. I have a Monte Carlo cash set and a tournament set of Turbo ceramics. Your setup looks great! It is miles ahead of ours when we first started.

Thanks! The best part is that literally all of the poker gear pictured here has been paid for with winnings from the local card room/fucking around online in micros! I just recently started playing again after about 10 years off. I've definitely forgotten a lot, and the game has certainly changed, but I'm slowly working my way back.

Welcome!
Thanks for the pics! let it grow!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom