Hello from Minnesota (1 Viewer)

IceViking

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello! I have been looking around the site for a while now, just feeding the impulses. Getting all kinds of great ideas on everything from chips to cases to ideas for making our tournaments better. I have a large 13.5g set I have had forever and ready to move on. To what is the next big question. So many options, so many samples, so much I would like to do. I think I found the right forum however.

Welcome! You certainly found the right place. Lots of information and helpful members around here. Are you looking for a cash or tourney set? What’s your budget. Nice ones starts around $0.4/chip for china clays, $0.6-0.9/chip for ceramic. Clay like Paulsons/BCC/CPC/TRK starts at $1 and then sky is the limit. You could also get high end plastics or ceramic hybrids for less than a dollar/chip

Welcome! There are some awesome PCF members from Minnesota, particularly the Twin Cities area. Looking forward to you participating here, maybe even a game when safe for live poker again. Search here for a great meetup called Minnemania- host is one of the best folks around.

Welcome! There are some awesome PCF members from Minnesota, particularly the Twin Cities area. Looking forward to you participating here, maybe even a game when safe for live poker again. Search here for a great meetup called Minnemania- host is one of the best folks around.
Sounds great. I know a lot of great people/players in the Twin Cities. We have great league going that has been running for about 15 years. COVID forced us online, but we have kept it going. I'll certainly check out Minnemania.

Welcome! This is the place to be for any questions you may have while upgrading your chip set, lots of knowledgable folks here that can help to answer any questions you may have. And definitely get samples!

You're right... There are so many choices and so many possibilities for moving on from your 13.5g set. Just do what I did. Take it slow, get samples, get a set, then another, then another, then a 2nd mortgage, and some more sets (why not), then some more sets.

What's that? There's such a thing as a vintage mixed mold, leaded, shaped inlay, all error frac set? Yup, you'll need one of those too...

Welcome! It's a fun descent into madness...

Welcome to the Forum! After the C19 passes, I’ll be pulling together a game at my place in Maple Grove with many of the PCF locals. Are you around the Twin Cities? We have some players who drive down from up near Mille Lacs @honkydevil . Just drop me a PM if you want to be added to the invite list, and check out the MinneMania thread for details....

Last edited:
Welcome @IceViking and Skol!

I am the lead organizer of the "Minneapolis Rounders" online meetup group. A number of us (including @inca911 ) will post games here when we get going again. (you should sign up!)

Welcome to the sickness that is PCF. I have been on here for about 4 years now, and it is somewhere around the 2nd year I got my customs linked in my signature.

Point being, take your time and learn all you can before you pull the trigger on anything.

Always good to see more 10,000 lakers :).

Last edited:
Welcome @IceViking and Skol!

I am the lead organizer of the "Minneapolis Rounders" online meetup group. A number of us (including @inca911 ) will post games here when we get going again. (you should sign up!)

Welcome to the sickness that is PCF. I have been on here for about 4 years now, and it is somewhere around the 2nd year I got my customs linked in my signature.

Point being, take your time and learn all you can before you pull the trigger on anything.

Always good to see more 10,000 lakers :).
Thank you. I'll definitely check out the Rounders group. Love your chips. Oh, and I fear the sickness, but I'm pretty sure it's already too late. I've been mulling over chip ideas for over a year, and then I found this forum. Now I'm in serious trouble. In the mean time I'm starting to be a sample collector, which I guess is a good thing.

Welcome to PFC. Shoot me a message if you’re in the Twin Cities. I spread a live low stakes cash came twice weekly on Friday and Saturday nights.

Stay well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom