Hello all!! (1 Viewer)

Hello and welcome to the forum Brian! The group buys are pretty great here. Just prepare your wallet for all the fun it is about to have! Nice to see another member from the Hoosier state. I'm up the road in Fort Wayne.

Welcome Brian. As mentioned, this site will open the wallet much wider than you ever expect. Group buys have a great selection of chips, cards, dealer buttons, custom cut card orders etc etc.
I love all the chips, cards, dealer buttons and other custom items that I have purchased and used at my home games.

As a new member, am I allowed to participate in the Group Buys? If not, does becoming a Supporting Member allow me to go ahead and participate in the Group Buys? I did see in the NMR that after 30 posts and 30 days I can create threads in the Group Buys and Member Giveaways section, but is that the same as participating in a group buy of chips? Im not sure what is actually meant by "create threads". Is that the same as posting a comment? I know this probably makes me sound like an idiot so please forgive my ignorance :wtf: but I'm new to all this. I'm old school and don't do any type of social media...never have.

Welcome aboard.

I'd recommend being careful about jumping into a group buy too quickly, emptying your wallet to get your hands on some chips..

Go to the resources here and look at photos of many, many sets people have created. Then ask yourself what your "dream set" of chips would look like. What features would they have? Clay, ceramic, coin center, modern, old school, denominated or non-denom, etc.

Finally, how many chips and in which denominations do you need for your home game.

Keep looking until you find chips that "check the boxes" on your list.

Get samples to make sure they look and feel like what you expected.

All of that takes time.

Welcome aboard.

I'd recommend being careful about jumping into a group buy too quickly, emptying your wallet to get your hands on some chips..

Go to the resources here and look at photos of many, many sets people have created. Then ask yourself what your "dream set" of chips would look like. What features would they have? Clay, ceramic, coin center, modern, old school, denominated or non-denom, etc.

Finally, how many chips and in which denominations do you need for your home game.

Keep looking until you find chips that "check the boxes" on your list.

Get samples to make sure they look and feel like what you expected.

All of that takes time.
Thank you for the input. I'll definitely do that. Thanks again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom