Tourney Having enough rebuy chips (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Two Pair
Reaction score
Man those higher denom Paulson’s are expensive! Just wondering about how many chips you stock for tourney rebuys- assume a STT with 1 rebuy allowed. Do you stock chips for 1 rebuy per player (10) or assume something less? I am guessing it depends on the group but any rule of thumb in this?

Whatever your thinking.... and MOARRRRR LOL. And for the higher expensive ones, you can always make your own for less :tup:

STT T2000

100 x T5
120 x T25
100 x T100
40 x T500

Thats for starting stacks and chipping up. Then add on higher demons for rebuys. If 1 rebuy per person then add 40 more T500. If you want add ons then count for those too. Same goes with T10000. Find out your starting stack and multiply it by 10 then find out how many color ups you will need for those and add on the rebuys. Hope it helps :tup:

how many chips you stock for tourney rebuys- assume a STT with 1 rebuy allowed. Do you stock chips for 1 rebuy per player (10) or assume something less? I am guessing it depends on the group but any rule of thumb in this?
In my experience, most 'normal' re-buy tournaments have a re-buy rate between 25%-33%.... so purchase-wise, I typically plan on enough chips to support 50% re-buys.

But I almost always have additional chips available for more re-buys if needed, since I usually load up on the higher denominations (they can also be used for larger starting stacks).

I also plan on 50% rebuys. 33% is far more common, but sometimes the fireworks start early, and I have seen 55% rebuys occur (we limit to 1 rebuy per player).

Just to be safe, I always order 1 denomination larger than I think I will need. Even a single barrel will go a really long way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom