Tourney Had to settle for 4th tonight (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Got it in as a 72% favorite but he rivered the straight on me, whomp-whomp. Won $50 for the $5 buyin. First was $170. I came to the final table 7th in chips of 9 players so can't complain too much about finishing 4th and getting it in good.

4th.png

Got it in as a 72% favorite but he rivered the straight on me, whomp-whomp. Won $50 for the $5 buyin. First was $170. I came to the final table 7th in chips of 9 players so can't complain too much about finishing 4th and getting it in good.
A few guys I know would swear that this is proof that online poker is rigged, and so full of coolers and bad beats that could never happen live! Looks to me like the dude simply hit his 28% draw, no worse than has happened to me live dozens of times.

Congrats on 4th, although I'm sure you would have preferred 3rd (or 2nd, or 1st)

A few guys I know would swear that this is proof that online poker is rigged, and so full of coolers and bad beats that could never happen live! Looks to me like the dude simply hit his 28% draw, no worse than has happened to me live dozens of times.

Congrats on 4th, although I'm sure you would have preferred 3rd (or 2nd, or 1st)

I think my raise preflop was to something like 54k and post-flop I had less than 30k left in my stack, so once he spikes top pair he can't really fold given how much is in the pot

He almost busted me earlier in the tourney when he limp-called my pot bet pre from the SB with 334Q against my KKxx and flopped bottom set when I was pot-committed. I spiked the K turn to double

He also halved my stack prior to that point, limp-calling with A889 one suit against my KK53 one suit, flop was all clubs (I had one club, he had none) and he flopped the set of 8's and shoved into me, think I had 65k left and couldn't call

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom