• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Great chip. But I think there was a hoard found wasn't there?? (1 Viewer)

Yep! I must be wrong cause theres no Hoard Warning on the chip guide or what was paid. $6000 might be a DEAL!!!!!
HOARD WARNING.gif

maybe he got approval from the owner of the pic already
well according to the picture authority, which I'm told is the folks at chipguide, by the folks at chipguide, you're supposed to state that accompanying the picture!!!!!!

Even if it was @Windwalker and not @ChipGuide 's picture..

Just going by what I'm told, keeping it consistent like we all do here on the interwebs. :rolleyes:

Got permission from Krish to talk about the chips before I made the video and use his pictures. We even talked about making another video afterwards together but never got around to it. Still would be possible some day, but I know both of us are pretty busy.

Got permission from Krish to talk about the chips before I made the video and use his pictures. We even talked about making another video afterwards together but never got around to it. Still would be possible some day, but I know both of us are pretty busy.
I was just ball busting you busy boy! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What does one say before storing the pot @leo822
So. Not to stir the pot……

@Okku i absolutely love the videos! Keep doing them. But a point in your video was from an identified collector and a couple others, who say even a hoard only affects value in a small way but definitely affects rarity aren’t they directly related?

That is totally opposite of what has always been said here at pcf and other places. Ie. mapes, money tree, etc. especially anyone who’s asked to buy any of the Felix bank club chips in my collection, cite the fact that now that I have a quantity of them they’re worth so much less.

So even the @ChipGuide site places hoard warnings and pricing on my chips, the chip rack value guide knocks them down in value from Z to maybe M, these letters are for value only, because theirs close to a rack??? But now we’re here with experts protecting the sands chips values ? After all in the production records on the horseshoe mold $5’s it says there was only 500. Not 20,000 or 2500. And the aero die chips which used to carry the quantity available has since been updated to remove the produced quantity.

I think your point is valid that because one guy owns a lot of the sands chips and claims he won’t ever sell them it protects the value I’m curious as to why it would not be the same for any other collection owned by anyone else, and for the haters, no not just me, anyone. All very interesting stuff.

The chipping community is so full of diverse and different opinions regarding chips. Is there really a unique “expert” or the definitive source in our hobby?? Because if you ask 10 guys a value you get 10 answers. The chip rack and other books all by the same guys seems the “published source, but is usually way off from where things sell”. Like you I feel WorthPoint is well worth the fee paid as it shows actual sales from different locations allowing one to base value on past sales.

This may need a separate thread!

Last edited:
Of course you did; you’re a stand-up chipper. I appreciate not only what you do, but how you approach it. Hope you keep it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom