Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/941162706739907/

Screenshot_20210522-132455~2.png

dmoney

Flush
Reaction score
My brother in law is in Philly - I’ll send the seller a message and see if I can secure them with a local pickup.

CrazyEddie

Flush
Reaction score
Someone's gonna get an awesome custom murder-and-relabel set outta these. At a steal!

DZPoker

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reached out but no word back. (I’m in NJ but 15min from center city)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Someone's gonna get an awesome custom murder-and-relabel set outta these. At a steal!
I'm so tilted by all the murder relabel that goes on here, that I just got tweaked by the idea of murdering these crappy old customs. I should seek out a therapist.
By the way, I assumed these were ASMs, but did they have that mold? They look a lot more like ASM colors than BCC colors.

DZPoker

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dmoney - I didn’t know we were related!?!? I’m available tomorrow though!!

CrazyEddie

Flush
Reaction score
I'm generally anti-murder because I don't like the way the recess-within-a-recess looks, but for molds that don't have a molded recess (including this one, Large Greek Key, but also stuff like Roman and Web and Cord) I think it looks fine.

This one is Large Greek Key, MD_88: http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_other.htm#md88 . Sold by B. C. Wills (you can find promo chips with their name on them, great big letters to go with the great big greek key), and they're vintage-ish so I'm pretty sure they'd have been made by Burt Co or maybe ASM if they were made more recently.

I wonder if CPC has this mold in their vault, one of the ones locked up and unusable because the owner hasn't given approval to use it...

Edit: BCC had a Medium Greek Key mold but it's recognizably different from MD_88.

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice SuperGems. :cool

I'm so tilted by all the murder relabel that goes on here, that I just got tweaked by the idea of murdering these crappy old customs. I should seek out a therapist.
By the way, I assumed these were ASMs, but did they have that mold? They look a lot more like ASM colors than BCC colors.

They were sold through many distributors BC Willis & such but according the Jim B, Burt/ASM produced all of the SuperGems/Large Greek Key/MD-88 that were made.

dmoney

Flush
Reaction score
Pretty awesome that the dude got spotted inlaid chips for his home game instead of the usual hotstamped solids.
Yeah, it looks like a cool set - I'll get to check them out in person next time my brother-in-law comes up for a visit (probably a few weeks).

I'm now searching for a rack of LGK chips that I could potentially re-label, either as a frac, or turn the current $1s into fracs and use those yet-to-be found chips as a $1 to make the breakdown a little more playable for $50 - $100 buy-in cash games.

Top Bottom