• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine GONE: Like-New Versa Deluxe 1000 chip case $48.06 (Amazon Warehouse) (1 Viewer)

TheOffalo

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Versa-Games-1000pc-Deluxe-Poker/dp/B00TADW5H4/?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

Free shipping with Prime, and free returns.

1684565392443.png

1684565400769.png

I’m a big fan of these cases, which I’ve modified in two ways:

1) Removing the flat sections and replacing some center dividers to increase the case capacity;

2) Removing all the dividers and trays to allow for 11 Paulson-style racks. This also allows room for two card set-ups or other game paraphernalia.

(I have posted diagrams of each mod elsewhere.)

The one thing to be aware of is that these cases are a good deal heavier than ordinary (cheaper) aluminum cases. Adding chip racks and/or extra chips up to 1,100+ just increases their weight.

So I use these more for storage or for my cash game where the case almost never moves. If you were taking these to a game where you had to carry them some distance, it’s doable but some might want to get a suitcase-style roller.

2) Removing all the dividers and trays to allow for 11 Paulson-style racks. This also allows room for two card set-ups or other game paraphernalia.
Are they much lighter with these removed? I really like these too but sold two 1000-chip ones because of how heavy they are. I have 1-2 of the 500-chip version still.

Edit: Looks like the Like-New one at the posted price is gone. I only see it new for $99.95 on Amazon. Hopefully someone from PCF got it!

Last edited:
I really want to like these because of how rugged they appear, but I just can’t stand how the chip layout is. I could do without the card holding space just put them all in a row dude

Are they much lighter with these removed? I really like these too but sold two 1000-chip ones because of how heavy they are. I have 1-2 of the 500-chip version still.

I’d say they are slightly heavier with the original dividers/traus removed and replaced with actual racks.

Also, the ability to fit 1,100 chips makes heavier than if you leave it at 1,000.

Per above, I think these cases are best for storage or situations where the case only occasionally gets moved a short distance. If taking it to a game with a long walk from the car to the venue, some would want a rolling suitcase-style cart.

Edit: Looks like the Like-New one at the posted price is gone. I only see it new for $99.95 on Amazon. Hopefully someone from PCF got it!

I ordered a used one for $49.95. Didn’t realize it was the only one.

And here is some info on a less drastic mod, removing the useless flat pieces and using black foam inserts to increase the capacity of the center area:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/versa-cases-back-in-stock-at-dps.20404/post-430352

This creates room for an extra 188 THCs. But I prefer the 1,100-chip demo version because it allows me to: (a) host out of the case more easily, since everything is in barrels, plus two deck setups; and (b) to quickly get a visual chip count if using these for storage.

With the Versa inserts, you have to manually count everything since you never know (depending on the type and condition of chips) how much each row and column holds.

IMG_7905.jpeg

So you get what you pay for, I guess... The $48 case was missing the foam pad that goes inside the top of the case. As a result, the bottom tray inserts got rattled around and came unglued. Now I have to find a replacement piece of foam that is the right thickness and won’t transfer anything to the chips. Grrrrr

So you get what you pay for, I guess... The $48 case was missing the foam pad that goes inside the top of the case. As a result, the bottom tray inserts got rattled around and came unglued. Now I have to find a replacement piece of foam that is the right thickness and won’t transfer anything to the chips. Grrrrr
Sorry. :( You should be able to return it for free, especially if it doesn’t match the Like New condition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom