Glad to be here!! (3 Viewers)

Juggyy

Pair
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm from NY, and I've been lurking for a bit around here, but finally decided to make an account for this wonderful community.

I've been playing poker since college, and my friends and I still play the occasional poker game, with the same chips from almost 13 years ago! Trying to step up our game some and get some quality chips. Can't way to fall deeper into the rabbit hole, and get to know you all!

Welcome and enjoy. So much good advice and knowledge here. The classifieds are a great place to find chip upgrades - it only took me about a week on PCF to buy a set.

Ty ty all! Very kind. @BirdCage what did you end up getting? I've been browsing classifieds and also getting samples from a number of places to try out as many as I can. I need to get my hands on a hybrid next.

welcome!
What do you play? how many players?
what kind of chip would you like ?
what's your definition of quality chips ?

enjoy the ride !

Welcome!! You're definitely in the right place! Hearing the words get some quality chips makes many of us here happy!! Lol enjoy the forum and be cautious of the sickness ;)

Welcome Juggyy!
I live in Riverdale BX. I host a game about once a month. I sold a bunch of sets, but I do have various sample chips if you want to check them out. We play a .25-.50 NLHM with a min of $100. Nice to have a local chipper in the the community!
50575D77-1634-4B6F-91AB-FD12EA38E6E1.jpeg

D628344F-3322-4133-BD52-DBB89E1B9560.jpeg

A8D7FBE7-7F81-40A5-981A-8CC6EAFD736F.jpeg

welcome!
What do you play? how many players?
what kind of chip would you like ?
what's your definition of quality chips ?

enjoy the ride !

We mostly play Texas hold 'em, with the occasional dealers choice. I'd say about 80% tourney and 20% cash. There is usually between 6-8 players. I'm a little undecided on what chips I like. I've got a sample of ceramics, and some China clays. I definitely do not like the China clays other than the royals. The ceramics, I love the feel of them, don't love the super smooth edges so much though.

Welcome Juggyy!
I live in Riverdale BX. I host a game about once a month. I sold a bunch of sets, but I do have various sample chips if you want to check them out. We play a .25-.50 NLHM with a min of $100. Nice to have a local chipper in the the community!
View attachment 399954
View attachment 399955
View attachment 399956
Thank you! Wow, you got a very nice set up there. I may hit you up one day, I'm a little rusty for now though haha. Very nice chips also, are those hybrids?

Last edited:
We mostly play Texas hold 'em, with the occasional dealers choice. I'd say about 80% tourney and 20% cash. There is usually between 6-8 players. I'm a little undecided on what chips I like. I've got a sample of ceramics, and some China clays. I definitely do not like the China clays other than the royals. The ceramics, I love the feel of them, don't love the super smooth edges so much though.

Thank you! Wow, you got a very nice set up there. I may hot you up one day, I'm a little rusty for now though haha. Very nice chips also, are those hybrids?
They are custom Matsui’s which are high end plastics. If plastics interest you, there is a group buy in the process.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...injection-molded-chips-2020.48959/post-982978
Abbiatti’s will probably rank the top favorite among plastics for feel and color.
And rusty? Please don’t let the set up fool you. I definitely spend more time drooling over chips then working on my game lol. The guys at my game are buddies and we play to have a good time. Seriously, if you see our game you will not be intimidated :)

Edit: sale thread to group buy
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...hread-cash-and-tourney-open-until-2-28.52100/

Last edited:
They are custom Matsui’s which are high end plastics. If plastics interest you, there is a group buy in the process.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...injection-molded-chips-2020.48959/post-982978
Abbiatti’s will probably rank the top favorite among plastics for feel and color.
And rusty? Please don’t let the set up fool you. I definitely spend more time drooling over chips then working on my game lol. The guys at my game are buddies and we play to have a good time. Seriously, if you see our game you will not be intimidated :)

Edit: sale thread to group buy
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...hread-cash-and-tourney-open-until-2-28.52100/

Haha alright I'll keep it in mind and maybe reach out at some point. I figured those were the Matsui. I have been looking at the Abbiati group buy, but they seem a little pricey for a first set, looks like over $2 a chip after fees etc?

The Matsui’s were my first set. I love them, I wish I was a bit smarter with the quantity ordered, but you live and learn.
Yeah Abbiati’s aren’t cheap, but they do make some pretty chips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom