Getting Your Non-Poker Friends to Play Poker (1 Viewer)

One other thing is the time - it’s a lot easier to commit to playing for 2 hours than a tournament that you really don’t know when it will end. Maybe 4 or 5 hours, maybe more. And even then, you usually aren’t relaxed like you are in a cash game.
Can’t well designed levels combat this? My gut reaction is that you should be able to have pretty strong certainty for the “max” time it will take to whittle down to one stack left standing.

Can’t well designed levels combat this? My gut reaction is that you should be able to have pretty strong certainty for the “max” time it will take to whittle down to one stack left standing.
Absolutely. All I’m saying is a cash game keeps the individual in control of their time commitment instead of having to commit to a tournament even if they know they time.

I am in the same boat, the people I know that would love to play are too far away to get anything regular together. I think microstakes is the best for casual playing, as I have seen said here before "cheese burger stakes "...I think sometimes the need to do tournaments puts people off , you can be stuck all night and most people go home felted.

This is very interesting. I switch my hobbies about every 3-5 years. I have never been able to bring any of my friends from one hobby into the next. It's always rebuilding every few years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom