• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Generic Paulsons (1 Viewer)

linux

Pair
Reaction score
I'm a new member and busy finding ways to spend money :). So I quickly figured out that Paulson's are sort of the gold standard in this hobby and have been scanning eBay for a couple days. Today I came across a set of 'generic' paulsons, 300 chips for $107. Seems too good. The chips do not have the THC logo but say 'Paulson Chips' around the periphery. They look like Paulson's but I wonder if they're fake. They're also heavy on 1's and 5's. Here's the URL: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304648041351

What do you guys think? Are they authentic?

Note that the current bid is $107, but the auction has another 6 days to go, and I'm sure the bidding will go quite a bit higher before it's done.

The chips do not have the THC logo
They actually do if you look closely. It's the top hat and cane logo alternated with "Paulson Chips."

What do you guys think? Are they authentic?

These are indeed Paulson chips that are on the Paulson Chips mold. They are one of the home market chips they made available (they no longer sell to the home market). I believe they also made home market chips on the Card Pip mold (suits mold) and the Paradise mold.

So I quickly figured out that Paulson's are sort of the gold standard in this hobby

Depends who you're talking to. Some believe it's Paulson on the THC mold, others will tell you TRK Small Crown. Depends on your taste. If you're ranking them based solely on Paulson, most will tell you that they rank the Paulson Chips mold towards or at the bottom of the ones available out there.

Also - if you're new and looking to learn the difference between molds, this does a pretty good job, though I think the home market molds are missing: http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_manmade.htm

Only reached $945. Little surprised, but not the best breakdown.
I'm not blown away. $3.14/chip is probably about right and these are the easiest denoms to find. No $500, no $1k? Even a barrel of either of those would have shot it up a bit more but $1, $5 and $25 are not difficult to obtain.

others will tell you TRK Small Crown
Stop it. They’re a whacko cult that just HAS to be different. I’m done with TRK talk! I won’t listen any more!

46C7A95D-51A1-49D4-9DF5-5AA182572EC0.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom