Wanted GBP Currency Cash Sets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

High Hand
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Everyone

Looking for a GBP currency cash game set, I have already put out two wanted ads for specific sets but it seems unlikely I will come across them anytime soon.

Therefore if anyone here in the UK has a cash set they are looking to sell with GBP as the currency, I would be very interested.

Preferably low denominations as I am looking to do smaller stake games on occasion.

The budget is 1-2K but anything under that is a bonus and probably more of interest. (big fan of ceramics) :cool

why not order a set of custom ceramics? cards mold is always an option or ABC.

@jr8719 any pointers for your fellow brit?
Have been really close two times, but the shipping is just ridiculous, hoping a fellow brit may have a set they are looking to sell and hopefully save some money! :)

Have been really close two times, but the shipping is just ridiculous, hoping a fellow brit may have a set they are looking to sell and hopefully save some money! :)
it is what it is. no doubt anyone selling there set would most likely have account for it already in their sale price.

Trying reaching out to CPC and possibly get a custom set of rounders with a £ instead.

it is what it is. no doubt anyone selling there set would most likely have account for it already in their sale price.

Trying reaching out to CPC and possibly get a custom set of rounders with a £ instead.
seen a set of DDLMs for sale on here that got sold, sale price was £400 for 700+ chips all £ too, hoping to score a similar set at that price!

:unsure: Does $ & £ matter that much when using as poker chip, the currency depends on the location you are playing at and not the currency on the chips

It will be a rather limiting factor on potential deal and resale’s too

Just my 2 cents

:unsure: Does $ & £ matter that much when using as poker chip, the currency depends on the location you are playing at and not the currency on the chips

It will be a rather limiting factor on potential deal and resale’s too

Just my 2 cents
think it just adds an extra layer to your game, I know a good few of my players will like to see £ on the felt for a change. (along with myself) :D

Anybody wanting these is going to have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands...

20220810_210646.jpg

If you've got a budget of £1 to £2,000 @Enigma, why not get a custom CPC set? You can tailor the set exactly to how you want it — £ signs, low denominations and all.

The truth of the matter is, you're going to get stung on shipping and import duties wherever you buy from — unless you can find something in the UK (unlikely) or Europe (Brexit could sting you with import duties, potentially).

If you don't want to wait for a CPC set, then a Cards Mold set from Tina is a no-brainer, in my opinion. As @davislane rightly pointed out, the shipping cost is what it is — something we just have to accept as UK chippers, sadly.

It might be useful to get an idea of what breakdown and quantities you're going for, but even if you're looking at 1000 chips, you'll still have plenty of change left over from your budget with Cards Mold chips — meaning there's no better bang for your buck.

@mattross1313 can get a custom design sorted for you, btw. Hit him up if you do choose CPC or Cards Mold.

If you've got a budget of £1 to £2,000 @Enigma, why not get a custom CPC set? You can tailor the set exactly to how you want it — £ signs, low denominations and all.

The truth of the matter is, you're going to get stung on shipping and import duties wherever you buy from — unless you can find something in the UK (unlikely) or Europe (Brexit could sting you with import duties, potentially).

If you don't want to wait for a CPC set, then a Cards Mold set from Tina is a no-brainer, in my opinion. As @davislane rightly pointed out, the shipping cost is what it is — something we just have to accept as UK chippers, sadly.

It might be useful to get an idea of what breakdown and quantities you're going for, but even if you're looking at 1000 chips, you'll still have plenty of change left over from your budget with Cards Mold chips — meaning there's no better bang for your buck.

@mattross1313 can get a custom design sorted for you, btw. Hit him up if you do choose CPC or Cards Mold.
Very sound advice!!

Also, just as an FYI @Enigma, here was my order cost for 375 chips. Shipping was $70, although I can't remember if I had to pay any import duties (I think they snuck through, if memory serves).

IMG_20220811_185958.jpg

Can't agree with this more, even if he is recommending me for designs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ninja:

That's a very healthy budget and will get you a nice set of chips. If you like ceramics you can't go wrong with BR Pro or Tina chips, you'll get stung on shipping however you play it. But both have great customisation and you can get exactly what you want. I have 1200 Tina chips and for the price I really have nothing bad to say about them.

Give me a shout if you need any help on design work :cool

If you need a stop gap I've been keeping an eye on this site, contacted them recently and was told they are restocking soon. Look like they are using the Milano chips with their own labels

Can't agree with this more, even if he is recommending me for designs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ninja:

That's a very healthy budget and will get you a nice set of chips. If you like ceramics you can't go wrong with BR Pro or Tina chips, you'll get stung on shipping however you play it. But both have great customisation and you can get exactly what you want. I have 1200 Tina chips and for the price I really have nothing bad to say about them.

Give me a shout if you need any help on design work :cool
Will do, thanks for the heads up! :cool

Just ordered a sample set!
Those are Claysmith Milanos. If I'm doing my currency translation correctly, that's about $0.25 USD per chip, which is a really good price for those, if you like them. I think Apache sells them here (with the Milano labels) for 40 cents a chip. Be warned, no matter what the seller says, they are not real compressed clay chips. They're china clay injection molded. But at that price still nice chips and a good deal. And with the currency symbols that you want, so I hope you enjoy them.

what blinds do you play? you could get some live vegas chips and get custom labels made. paris $1s are all the rave right now..

I have the following chipset available if you are interested:

View attachment 966514

View attachment 966515
Just adding more details about this set

600 chip breakdown

140 x 5p
200 x 25p
180 x £1
80 x £5

Good for 8-player 5p/10p games with suggested £20 buy-in

Custom ceramic chip set. Few other sets like this out there

Would take £350 for this set including postage