GB *Interest* for High Quality Injection Molded Chips - 2020 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m committed to ordering 500. I want to order more but can’t commit until we narrow down the price. I don’t want to be the guys who says he will buy 1k chips then doesn’t pay when time comes.

Any chance of having the small “CP” logo that appears on the tourney chips also somewhere on the cash inlay design? Would add to the authenticity of the set I feel to have that as a common element

Wow, I don't understand though, why is it so expensive? How can I order something equally as expensive from china and have shipping waived but not from italy, or wherever Matsui's HQ is located

Buy enough chips and you get a chip crate! :sneaky:

2020-02-04_15-54-10.png
2020-02-04_15-54-33.png
2020-02-04_15-53-51.png

Any chance of having the small “CP” logo that appears on the tourney chips also somewhere on the cash inlay design? Would add to the authenticity of the set I feel to have that as a common element

I'll pass the info along but I'm 99% sure the designs are final.

Ok honest question. If I have handled Bud Jones and Matsui chips and didn't like them what's the chance that I will like these? I've been a big Paulson chip fan for years but the colors on these are amazing and really intriguing to me. I've been wanting a Cali color cash set, but don't want to put too much money into a set I may not end up liking. On the flip side, I'm planning to order 10 of each but worried I will like them but then it'll be too late and difficult to build my cash set.

Ok honest question. If I have handled Bud Jones and Matsui chips and didn't like them what's the chance that I will like these? I've been a big Paulson chip fan for years but the colors on these are amazing and really intriguing to me. I've been wanting a Cali color cash set, but don't want to put too much money into a set I may not end up liking. On the flip side, I'm planning to order 10 of each but worried I will like them but then it'll be too late and difficult to build my cash set.

I'd try and get samples. There are some up on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Abbiat+chips

I imagine if you dont like the chips you would be able to flip it for a small lose.Even though I hate how slippery Matsui chips are I always regretted not getting in on the Blue Sands GB.

Man these chips are so flippin nice...... but they really hit the wallet at $2+ a chip. I'm so torn lol.

Wow, that's wild. Luckily I have until month end and I can figure out what portion of my tax returns can go to chipping :sneaky::sneaky:

@Tommy: it’s been brought up a few times, what about artwork for a 25k? Plaque or chip. Any discussion on that?

Tourney orders are higher than cash at a 2:1 rate, so seems that the interest is there.

@Tommy: it’s been brought up a few times, what about artwork for a 25k? Plaque or chip. Any discussion on that?

Tourney orders are higher than cash at a 2:1 rate, so seems that the interest is there.

Art for plaques would be considered a new project with P5 IMO. Not something I want to pursue ATM but I have no problem if someone else wants to take that on.

A few members already contacted me about getting labels made. After conferring with those involved in the design, I decided a flat rate of $10 to use it would be reasonable. I never added the design cost to the OTF to help keep costs down. Also, as I stated in the order thread, if we reach 20K chips, I will subsidize some more of the OTF by covering Abbiati's decal tooling fees too.

Order up! https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...hread-cash-and-tourney-open-until-2-28.52100/

Is this a one time only buy or will there be additional buys later?

I don’t think there will be an additional buy later, we won’t meet the MOQ’s for the second buy, it wouldn’t be worth it IMO

Understand but I want to hear it from the powers that be. I would like to order hopefully I can but I need to figure it out.

Understand but I want to hear it from the powers that be. I would like to order hopefully I can but I need to figure it out.

Well technically anybody can do a second group buy, you would just have to set it up and organize it. So if you really wanted to yes you could set it up, but there might be some contingencies using the same artwork, i'm sure @Tommy can clear that up

Art for plaques would be considered a new project with P5 IMO. Not something I want to pursue ATM but I have no problem if someone else wants to take that on.

A few members already contacted me about getting labels made. After conferring with those involved in the design, I decided a flat rate of $10 to use it would be reasonable. I never added the design cost to the OTF to help keep costs down. Also, as I stated in the order thread, if we reach 20K chips, I will subsidize some more of the OTF by covering Abbiati's decal tooling fees too.

Order up! https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...hread-cash-and-tourney-open-until-2-28.52100/

What about art for a 25k chip on this buy?

Not trying to be a PITA, just making sure I understand before I commit to my order. These are, by far, the best designed/looking GB/NGB chips in my time here but they are pricey at $2+/chip so wanna make sure I know the lay of the land.

What about art for a 25k chip on this buy?

Not trying to be a PITA, just making sure I understand before I commit to my order. These are, by far, the best designed/looking GB/NGB chips in my time here but they are pricey at $2+/chip so wanna make sure I know the lay of the land.

I thought I answered the question here so I'm not sure I'm following. There is no 25K chip being offered so 25K art is not needed for the buy. Abbiati doesn't print just labels. (or blanks in case anyone was wondering)

Is this a one time only buy or will there be additional buys later?

No plans on doing a second GB for these. An add-on for original set buyers could be a possibility down the line.

Well technically anybody can do a second group buy, you would just have to set it up and organize it. So if you really wanted to yes you could set it up, but there might be some contingencies using the same artwork, i'm sure @Tommy can clear that up

It's a bit more complex than just artwork use. In the end any order for these would have to come from my account.

There is no 25K chip being offered so 25K art is not needed for the buy.
Understood. But the following means that a $10 usage fee (per person) is required to get matching aftermarket 25K labels made for 'personalized' chips (base chips either from this group buy or elsewhere, and subsequently relabeled)?
A few members already contacted me about getting labels made. After conferring with those involved in the design, I decided a flat rate of $10 to use it would be reasonable.
I'm not concerned with the monetary aspect, but do want to ensure that it's possible. :)

I was just wondering about the new designer P5 and should J5 be concerned @Johnny5

Really intrigued by these chips, but the main problem I’m having is that I have never handled Abbiati and I really have no use for them. I’m quite tempted to just order a few so I have them, heads up set or something at least.

If they were anything like Matsui I wouldn’t be interested, but it seems these are better?

Reactions: ovo
Really intrigued by these chips, but the main problem I’m having is that I have never handled Abbiati and I really have no use for them. I’m quite tempted to just order a few so I have them, heads up set or something at least.

If they were anything like Matsui I wouldn’t be interested, but it seems these are better?
I don't like Matsui or BJ chips but enjoyed these. I've been primarily a fan of Paulson chips, but I'm buying a small to medium sized cash set as well as samples of the tournament chips. The colors on these chips are really vivid and the quality seems very high.

I had a shuffle stack I got from Markleteenie. Played with them for a couple days to make my decision and posted them back up to pass them on. The Nuts bought them from me.

F894AEA5-829D-4B1E-A073-FFD841E6F817.jpeg

Should I make a separate thread for people who would like me to remake some cash $100s into T25k, or are we leaving people to buy there own and get labels from @Gear? I don't mind doing them but I don't want to buy an extra 100-200 chips just to hit the MOQ and then sit on them because everybody got their own.

The a white 25k chip is tempting.
Should I make a separate thread for people who would like me to remake some cash $100s into T25k, or are we leaving people to buy there own and get labels from @Gear? I don't mind doing them but I don't want to buy an extra 100-200 chips just to hit the MOQ and then sit on them because everybody got their own.

I have no idea how to replace them without ruining the chip. I could use 20 x 25k chips. If you order 20 extra I would pay for your services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom