Tourney Found some starting stack chips tubes that hold 43mm chips (1 Viewer)

JStew

Pair
Reaction score
I've been looking for chip tubes that hold 43mm chips for my tourney starting stacks. Ran across these tubes at Menards in the tool section. They are 2" x 6". I measured the ID at 1 15/16". Tube shown is a 12/12/5/6 = 10k starting stack. I loaded it all the way up and it holds 47 chips. The lid is quite deep so you could easily fit 50-52 chips. Company is viewtainer and they sell 4" and 7.75" tubes as well. 6" tubes were $2.99 at Menards and looks like $4.09 on the website. The plastic is very soft so no concerns about damaging the chips when you slide them in. I've been using the standard chip tubes that fit 39mm chips and then just handing the players their 43mm chips. The vinyl label left "sticker glue" so I had to use goo-off. I trialed the label removal at the store and it didn't leave any residue on the one I tried and then I grabbed a different one. Feels pretty sturdy but haven't tried them yet so can't speak to that.

I saw a thread or two about chip tubes, but didn't see any links/references that had readily available chip tubes for 43mm chips. I'm very curious if most If someone has found a cost effective solution please let me know. Will probably pull the trigger on these in 2-3 weeks.

IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg

I've been looking for chip tubes that hold 43mm chips for my tourney starting stacks. Ran across these tubes at Menards in the tool section. They are 2" x 6". I measured the ID at 1 15/16". Tube shown is a 12/12/5/6 = 10k starting stack. I loaded it all the way up and it holds 47 chips. The lid is quite deep so you could easily fit 50-52 chips. Company is viewtainer and they sell 4" and 7.75" tubes as well. 6" tubes were $2.99 at Menards and looks like $4.09 on the website. The plastic is very soft so no concerns about damaging the chips when you slide them in. I've been using the standard chip tubes that fit 39mm chips and then just handing the players their 43mm chips. The vinyl label left "sticker glue" so I had to use goo-off. I trialed the label removal at the store and it didn't leave any residue on the one I tried and then I grabbed a different one. Feels pretty sturdy but haven't tried them yet so can't speak to that.

I saw a thread or two about chip tubes, but didn't see any links/references that had readily available chip tubes for 43mm chips. I'm very curious if most If someone has found a cost effective solution please let me know. Will probably pull the trigger on these in 2-3 weeks.

So is that 47 chips filled from the bottom to the brim? And extra chips will fit above the rim (but still be held by the lid because of it's size?

How many do you think would fit in the 7.75" tube?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom