For the Love of Orange Chips! (2 Viewers)

Only problem with this method is that in time the imgur links will die for whatever reason, and the photos will no longer be visible on here..

True, but at the same time if your post is no longer able to be edited and you want to remove the pic for whatever reason, this provides an avenue to do so. I did it a while back with a locked post where I didn't realize I had posted sensitive info until 24 hrs after making it.

FB68FCA0-C03E-4689-87E3-A01B91D72961.jpeg

5140A56B-0D54-47CA-A346-6067247A76D7.jpeg

Posted elsewhere, but to minimize hunting around:

View attachment 777576

(and again, whatever black magic the forum does to an image when posted makes these look darker and less eye-scalding than the unposted version looks on my computer and definitely less than in real life).

If you can get the image size to under 1MB before uploading the colors don't seem to get squashed by compression.

True, but at the same time if your post is no longer able to be edited and you want to remove the pic for whatever reason, this provides an avenue to do so. I did it a while back with a locked post where I didn't realize I had posted sensitive info until 24 hrs after making it.
I'm pretty sure mods can help you remove content if its not appropriate, even if you have no option to edit it yourself. @Tommy @David O @Payback @some other mod confirm please?

Imgur is widely used on Reddit. Imgur links will live on forever...
Might be true. I am just scared something like this will happen. Like it did with everything posted to tinypic a while ago. Sometimes the member can go back and revive the pics, sometimes they have them locally stored and may be able to upload again. And sometimes the members and pictures are lost for years/for ever.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/toad-stuff.17248/

tinypic error.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom