SOLD Flamingo $1s and Cajun Cup $25s (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_dude

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
TLDR; I’m trying to shorten my project list :LOL: :laugh:

2 racks of Flamingo $1s — $185/rack + shipping
1 rack of Cajun Cup $25s — $450 + shipping

0CB75359-7FA2-4A39-8F73-53D2F519E3E9.jpeg

3AB1A64C-7BA2-468B-BFA8-1444FEF61576.jpeg

Last edited:
There's a sticker that was applied to the original chip. I'm not sure if most folks would call that an overlabel neccessarily.

Love the $25s, just bought 3 racks of them for my mixed set last week, but this listed pricepoint would throw my average price seriously out of whack, unfortunately!

Beautiful chips with a crazy cool history and they almost never come up for sale!

Anthony Holden tells the story about them in his book The Big Deal.

They’re featured in one of his stories when he played in the Cajun Cup, and the state police raided the game, shut it down and took all the chips. The only ones left were the ones not confiscated, because they weren’t in play at the time.

They were sold to the owner of Belucci's House of Poker in Santa Cruz California in the early 90s. They were used in his card room until 1993, when he was found bludgeoned to death in his home in Santa Cruz.

His daughter put all the chips up for sale in one lot in 1999 on eBay, and this rack is from those chips.

Last edited:
I'm sure you don't need my help but these chips are indeed awesome. I shuffled them, that was about it, and they shuffled like butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom