Flamingo $1 - An end to the madness? (1 Viewer)

David O

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Well I thought I would take a group shot of my Flamingo $1 chips. My goal was to get to 1,000 chips but I wanted to have at least 500 of spotted birds and 500 spotted no bird chips. Well today that goal was reached. There are many members that I have to thank and my wife helped me harvest some so this collection is also hers. I know she was smiling down from heaven when she saw that last shipment get here today!

Sooooo, is the madness over for me? Time will tell but I can safely say I am not actively looking for any. This is not to say if I come across some that I will not buy them but if I miss out it will not hurt as much. My next project is to go through all of these and cull out as many of the chips with flea bites as I can.

I will be taking some more pictures later when I have an opportunity. I would like to put up a new updated mixed Las Vegas set now for the calendar which will include my little Flamingos

Here is a picture of the Flamingo sanctuary as of today. Please note that my card cap is the only one that did not make the picture.
Totals with card cap 567 birds and 559 non birds!

IMG_4139.JPG

Last edited:
@moose I could add one of those to my collection. What happened? Did someone bleach out the spots on those $1's? Do you need a spotted one for your collection?

Glad I got to contribute a few to the sanctuary!
Yes your addition was much appreciated! I failed to mention who helped because there were so many that I did not want to leave anyone out. The one off chips were welcomed as much as the larger lots. Thank you to all that helped!

Congrats. Such a cool project.

I have so many fond memories of 2/4 limit at the flamingo with these very chips. I even had a 24 hour session of 2/4 limit that went from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm the next day. My wife was not super happy to wake up and find me still at the table. Ahh to be young again...

David, you are true collector. First the paulson spot collection and then this! Congratulations!

Love those spotted birds. Beautiful collection and congrats on collecting so many! I was in Vegas a month ago and tried to find you some spotted birds... but saw only non-spotted...

This is awesome! So impressive. And honestly a damn shame their rack is such a mess. I can't stand playing table games there with the hodge podge of ceramics and clays. They should've just left well enough alone and kept these beauties.

With that said, it is awesome that this bounty ended up in the right hands! (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom