Cash Game Fixed Limit Starting Stack Question, 2 or 3 chips? (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
We normally play 3/6 fixed limit with blinds at 1/2. The last few sessions have played a little small. I think I need to raise the stakes to 4/8. I don't host enough limit games to buy another limit set (and I don't want another one).

I have

1100 x 1
400 x 5
70 x 20

With the betting at 4/8, what combination of chips would you use? If you would use any of the five dollar chips, how many would you put into play?

Thanks,

Bill

We normally play 3/6 fixed limit with blinds at 1/2. The last few sessions have played a little small. I think I need to raise the stakes to 4/8. I don't host enough limit games to buy another limit set (and I don't want another one).

I have

1100 x 1
400 x 5
70 x 20

With the betting at 4/8, what combination of chips would you use? If you would use any of the five dollar chips, how many would you put into play?

Thanks,

Bill
That's why I went with non denom on my second set Bill, makes even more sense on a limit set (and easy since only 2 chips in play in my game)
GLWT

NO !!!

Somebody explain in really simple terms how a half kill and full kill work in a limit game please.
Winner of the previous pot (scoop only) over a set dollar amount ie>$50 contributes a blind that is either 1.5x or 2x the base blinds and the limits adjust accordingly for the next hand. IE in a $4/8 game a half kill would make it $6/12 with $3/6 blinds, and a full kill would be to $8/16 with $4/8 blinds the next hand.

A scoop for a split pot game activates the half kill upping the next hand to 4/8. Or if someone wins two consecutive non split pot hands.

Is that right?

NO !!!

Somebody explain in really simple terms how a half kill and full kill work in a limit game please.
If someone wins two in a row (or scoops a split pot hand) the kill is on. In 3/6, half kill would make it 4/8 or 5/10. In kill, it would double, making it 6/12. Kill stay on until that person doesn’t win.

Edit: the person with the kill has a forced big blind.

I once played 4/8 and had the kill on for 9 hands. It was wonderful!

A scoop for a split pot game activates the half kill upping the next hand to 4/8. Or if someone wins two consecutive non split pot hands.

Is that right?
In case the pot is bigger dan predetermined amount for point 1...or more for point 2

Play 3/6 but make the blinds 2 and 3, you’ll get a lot more action.
This. Don’t do 1/2 for blinds. I personally know only one cardroom that does 1/2 blinds for their 3/6 game and it’s a nit fest. Blinds are discouraged from playing in that format. In most 3/6 limit games, the blinds are either 1/3 or 2/3.

In California, we do 1/2/3 or 2/2/3 (button/small/big) for extra action.

I have

1100 x 1
400 x 5
70 x 20

Thanks,

Bill
In a $4-8 game people are going to buy in for $2-$400 typically. With 7 players you'll have $2k on the table to start. A bank of $2500 will at least get the game started.

You could run the game with all the $1s and $20s you have... As the night goes on and new players enter the game and/or rebuy, the $5s could be used to buy a player into the game in order to color-down from one of the big stacks.

$5s are clunky in a limit game for all the reasons previously stated.

One other suggestion if you're going to do $4-8 - consider getting $2 chips. They're especially handy if you play a lot of split pot games... $2 chips really keep things moving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom