First chip set for poker tournaments. Am I being too picky? (1 Viewer)

I probably will... but it's so hard for me to justify that purchase financially ☹️
This set you're going to buy, its either going to be low quality or not what you really want, say you spend the 350; When you buy the next set, how will you financially justify it? Buy once, cry once.

The envy of your players when they feel the chips will solve your justification issues.

This set you're going to buy, its either going to be low quality or not what you really want, say you spend the 350; When you buy the next set, how will you financially justify it? Buy once, cry once.

The envy of your players when they feel the chips will solve your justification issues.
Absolutely agree. You will want to upgrade. The desire will probably come before you even have the chips in play. Save yourself the trouble and spring for your premium set now.

This exactly. They're not hard to relabel, and, the cost is minimal. Allows you to change up the look of your chips when they get "stale."
Is the cost minimal though? I know gear’s cheapest label is now 12.5 cents, so you’re talking about 25 cents per chip. For a guy who’s budgeting 70 cents per chip, that’s a big chunk.
Just something to consider.

1684602796758.png

No lie, if they looked like these I would probably buy, but I'm not super convinced about the look.

I believe its minimal in the sense of other cost involved. I believe they are cheaper label cost than those mentioned. My concept is your not going to get everything he's asking for at the price he's looking for, so, decide what you can live with, and, without initially, then build from there. Point I was trying to make was if you buy a stock chip for .50 and use them for a year, you can relabel at a minimal cost, then you can have the font/denom/no dollar sign. There's going to have to be a trade off somewhere unless OP gets very lucky.

Or even the Championship Poker Series. I'ma see if I can find those. They are sold out at Apache

I probably will... but it's so hard for me to justify that purchase financially ☹️
Save up for a good set, buy it whenever it is comfy for you to spent the money and have a fun time with it for years, if you try to cut some money you will only be disappointed with the outcome, it also depends how often you can and want to play poker, if its once a year for a birthdayparty you might not wanna grab a 5000$ Paulson Set :D I know you dont like ceramics but truth is, getting some custom made ceramics from brpropoker with YOUR special design cant be beaten by any stock chip, you have something in mind, no $ symbol, big denom, certain colors... get yourself something sweet in your design. Those WSOP "King of the River" Chips can also be semi customized, so if thats something for you, they are also pretty amazing.

If your games never have more then 10 people then a 300 set of the right amounts can be plenty of chips. Sometimes less can be more. Id rather less better chips then a large amount of average chips. Since youve already got a set you can use I would be patient and wait for the ideal set to popup in classifieds here.

I have a huge tournament set of the Cps. Willing to split them if you decide to go that route. Let me know what breakdown you’re looking for. The cps will come up for sale every once in a while if you ever need more. Just have to monitor the forum or place a wanted ad.

If you play tournament, just cry once and get your hands on a real WSOP Paulson set.
I owned (non-WSOP Horsehoe Cleveland) 36mm chips and loved them. My players too.
I sold them to a friend and hopefully still have the possibility to play with them. :)

To me the $ sign is a minimal bother, not really noticed at all during play. I also agree that if you settle now you will want to upgrade either before or after just one use. Try to justify $1 per chip if you want the clay feel. Nothing worse than a 70 cent chip you hate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom