Finally a good score! Goose Lake Music fest (1 Viewer)

Mushmanchuman

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’m always on the hunt for cool chips and frequent the thrift shops and garage sale weekends, etc.

I’ve found cheap sets but never anything cool or vintage. That is until I snagged these!

Goose Lake Music Fest gave out tickets shaped like chips or tokens for admission tickets to avoid counterfeiting.

This was a music fest a year after Woodstock was held in Jackson, MI. It had a lot of cool bands and fun stuff like that. Police busted a bunch of kids up and drugs was the theme.

I guess Ewing had the THC mold back in 1970. There is a handful of THC and the rest are the Ewing mold.

These are all deadass mint but some look like they got something on them. Like a black smudge on some of the greens. The white rack is deadass but the stamp is fading on most of the chips.

Edit: fixed the information about the tickets being a fake token looking ticket not these actual chips

2: more information on the festival.
IMG_0862.jpeg
IMG_0863.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg
IMG_0864.jpeg
IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_0859.jpeg
IMG_0858.jpeg

Last edited:
They don't look that thirsty.....
No they don’t at all. They been in the boxes for years and years.

I’m now confused if these were the tickets or someone made this set and the tickets were something else.

As far as I know these were the tickets. From what I remember kids busted down the fences and maybe the majority of the people in the concert never paid. I think the whole thing was a debacle as far as the locals were concerned and there never was another one. Michigan’s mini-Woodstock. I’ve seen these chips on eBay and locally on Craigslist over the years. Cool find!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom