Favorite CPC mold (1 Viewer)

Natskule

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Going to get a CPC set made, having some issues picking a mold.

I have it arrowed down to:

Elephant & Crown
Fleur-De-Lys
H-Mold
Large Crown
Plain

Any input on which of these you folks like and why?

I've got samples, was leaning toward Elephant & Crown before, and still like them, but the others are appealing. The plain mold didn't seem that exciting, but I got some Tukwilla plain $1s and really like them.

Thanks for any input.

My personal favorites by feel are Circle Square and Diamond Square but generally, I believe Diamond Square takes the cake, just an all-around amazing mold by feel and looks. I realize you don't have either of these molds on your list, so this advice probably isn't too useful to you, but I'd definitely consider these two molds if I were you. If you haven't already, I'd recommend getting a shuffle stack of every mold so that you know what they feel like, they can be wildly different.

I think the mold needs to work well with the design. So I don't think there is one best mold. I lean towards scrown, diasqr, plain, and HHR but I've seen every mold used really well with a specific design. So unless one can see you inlay, it's hard to recommend a mold.

I think the mold needs to work well with the design. So I don't think there is one best mold. I lean towards scrown, diasqr, plain, and HHR but I've seen every mold used really well with a specific design. So unless one can see you inlay, it's hard to recommend a mold.
This is a really good point, the inlay can strongly influence the mold that would work best. For example, you wouldn't want a plain text-only inlay that's called "The Wall Club" to be on the Elephant and Crown mold, because it would make no sense, but if you have a circus or elephant-themed inlay it could work very well with the mold.

Strictly from a feel, sound, and looks perspective, I much prefer the CPC molds that incorporate an outer circle in the design -- jockey, diasqr, B, cirsqr, HHR, and A. All are far superior to the other CPC offerings, imo.

Examples of well matched inlay/mold

PXL_20201023_025700043.jpg

PXL_20201023_025615086.jpg

PXL_20201023_025433741.jpg

PXL_20201023_025534300.jpg

AEBDD3A7-1F60-4103-86F7-9711495879E2.png

Agreed on the inlay matching the mold.

This is where I was at before I got samples.

Obviously I'd do something different if I went with a different mold. Still working on things.

Thanks for the input on the molds.

View attachment 559112
Agreed on the inlay matching the mold.

This is where I was at before I got samples.

Obviously I'd do something different if I went with a different mold. Still working on things.

Thanks for the input on the molds.

well, that settles that then - you only have one option. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

generally, i am in agreement with @BGinGA about preferring all of the CPC molds with outer circles, but i have a sample set of the Siam Imperia set pictured above and i really do like the E&C mold a lot on those chips. they have a nice texture.

I've got sets on a mold and plain mold and i've had or got samples of most of the others.

Now that I've got my plain mold set, the a mold feels really disappointing lol. Plain mold feels a bit more substantial and are slightly heavier.

Diasqr, jockey and h mold are my other favourites in terms of feel.

Well, I just ordered a set of DIASQR, so I guess that answers that question.

For me though, in general, the best molds are: DIASQR, Jockey & scrown. I really like the B-mold as well, but it requires a theme that fits well vs the previous molds.

I like circle square and jockey, but have an order in now for die cards and I love my shuffle stack on that mold. Something about h mold is really nice too but I think I like that one more for retro looks and the fact it was used on some awesome historical chips more than the feel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom