Tourney Etiquette Question (with a poll) RE: Calling the Clock (1 Viewer)

Calling a clock during a break - breach of etiquette or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 91.8%

• Total voters
Were I the villain, I would have:

1. Said to the dealer "Am I allowed to leave the table?" Villain's action is complete.

2. If dealer says yes, I go to the restroom. If dealer says "No you have to stay until the end of the hand," then I call the floor and explain that I don't WANT to call a clock, but I do need a bio break, can I leave the table? Floor says yes, no problem again....if floor says No, I call a clock.

I'm pretty sure that heads up for the bracelet, Kevin McBride left the table to use the restroom at the WSOP against Scotty Nguyen when Scotty tanked for a decision in the Main Event the year he won it. If it is allowed in THAT situation, The ULTIMATE situation, I can't imagine it would not be allowed here.

Ahhhhh found the clip

after 2 mins you need to make a decision. No decision should take longer than 2 mins IMO. I am supporting the guy calling clock. I would do the same thing. But then again I suck at tournies ;)

If dealer says "No you have to stay until the end of the hand," then I call the floor and explain that I don't WANT to call a clock, but I do need a bio break, can I leave the table? Floor says yes, no problem again....if floor says No, I call a clock.

I'm pretty sure that heads up for the bracelet, Kevin McBride left the table to use the restroom at the WSOP against Scotty Nguyen when Scotty tanked for a decision in the Main Event the year he won it.

I was thinking about this hand actually.

Here is the "Cheap Seats" version.

Epic!

Screenshot_20190728_213049.jpg

I don’t see an issue. Break is immaterial. No breach of etiquette at all.

I disagree a bit with those who say the break was immaterial. Been to a number of tourneys that have a short break, lines at the restrooms, and a fair walk from your table.

If a guy has to USE the break then I'd be more inclined to call for a clock in that situation. Although asian bino laid out the approach I would have taken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom