El Rey Cash Set (1 Viewer)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
These chips were in play on one of the tables at my micro-meetup in February, so I'm a little late with posting. However, wanted to be sure I posted some pr0n. Here is a link to the backstory surrounding the set

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/coming-soon-el-rey-cash-and-tourney-sets.46407/

Tl;Dr - My corgi, Lucky, passed away from cancer in 2016 and this set commemorates him. We called him "King Lucky", so we called the set "El Rey" (The King) and put it on the Lcrown CPC mold. Simple design, but very meaningful.

dc_lc_set1a (2).jpg

20200404_135546.jpg

20200404_134206.jpg
20200404_134401.jpg
20200404_134454.jpg
20200404_134533.jpg
20200404_134554.jpg
20200404_134823.jpg
20200404_140436.jpg

The elusive "Colored Corgi" error chip
20200404_135715.jpg

Next up: El Rey Tourney set
dc_lt_set2b (3).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Awesome set Dan, I really love this mold, hoping to be able to play with them one day!

Lol how the hell did that even happen?
Thanks so much for the kind words everyone. I really appreciate it.

No clue how it happened, but the entire denom (300+ chips) had the colored corgi. Strangely enough, despite J5's design having no color, the color actually came out accurate to real life. Spragg kindly had the denom re-run and I returned the error chips so they could reuse the clay (since they are solids). However, I kept maybe 10 or so for sentimental reasons.

These were in play at the big boy table!! The rest of us got to play with the Ducks!! I did get a chance to look at them and they are amazing Dan! Also our first meet up lanyard that your wife made is something special to me as well and will always be displayed in our card room when we are not wearing them for one of your awesome meet ups brother!! Beautiful chips as always!! I wouldn't expect anything less! Definitely looking forward to the tourney set!! Dibs on a lil sample if I can order one!!

I'm not a fan of solids, not a fan of photo-like inlays, not a fan of the Rounders type inlay design, and not a fan of lcrown molds....

but I absolutely *love* this set. It's probably my favorite solids set of all time. Not kidding, either -- just looking at the pics makes me happy inside. And I know how much it means to you and your wife, Dan. I hope that having it made makes you two a little happy, too.

It's a great tribute set -- RIP, Lucky the King. You have been immortalized in some of the nicest customs ever.

Can't wait to see the tourney set tribute; it should be awesome, too.

I'm not a fan of solids, not a fan of photo-like inlays, not a fan of the Rounders type inlay design, and not a fan of lcrown molds....

but I absolutely *love* this set. It's probably my favorite solids set of all time. Not kidding, either -- just looking at the pics makes me happy inside. And I know how much it means to you and your wife, Dan. I hope that having it made makes you two a little happy, too.

It's a great tribute set -- RIP, Lucky the King. You have been immortalized in some of the nicest customs ever.

Can't wait to see the tourney set tribute; it should be awesome, too.
Thanks Dave. That means a lot man. When we were trying to find a picture of Lucky for @Johnny5 to crop, we couldn't even find one. He recreated the inlay using sheer talent.

And thank you so much for your expert consultation on the ACF tribute tourney mockup. I hope to get these made at some point this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom