Edge spots on CM Tina's, do we get to choose? (2 Viewers)

The main downside about them is that there is a significant number of spinners. I’d say 10% of mine. It’s not horrible, but I’d prefer they stack better. I’ve never handled the Sunfly version, but by all accounts they stack like bricks.

However, huge advantage to the Tina version for colors. The colors can be really vibrant. Sunfly offers a limited palette, but that also insures color consistency from batch to batch.

Also worth considering is the fact that the Tina CM’s are half the price of Sunflys.
This is a mixed bag of bad/great news. I've got an order from Tina currently in manufacturing. I went with them because of price and the hope that the colors really pop. So there's the good news! The spinners is not so good, but mine are hybrid/plain mold/textured, so I imagine that mine could totally be worse or better than cards mold as far as spinners go.

I purchased Sunflys back when they first started offering hybrid offerings, and I must say that they are the least favorite chips I have ever played with. I hated the colors, and the feel/texture just felt too cheap for me. I'm sure they've come a long way with their products as I think I ordered my chips around 2017-2018.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

This is a mixed bag of bad/great news. I've got an order from Tina currently in manufacturing. I went with them because of price and the hope that the colors really pop. So there's the good news! The spinners is not so good, but mine are hybrid/plain mold/textured, so I imagine that mine could totally be worse or better than cards mold as far as spinners go.

I purchased Sunflys back when they first started offering hybrid offerings, and I must say that they are the least favorite chips I have ever played with. I hated the colors, and the feel/texture just felt too cheap for me. I'm sure they've come a long way with their products as I think I ordered my chips around 2017-2018.

Anyway, thanks for the response.
I don't mean to disparage the Tina chips at all. I really think they're a terrific value.

You got the hybrid chips with the center sticker? Those won't have any spinners.

I don't mean to disparage the Tina chips at all. I really think they're a terrific value.

You got the hybrid chips with the center sticker? Those won't have any spinners.
Yes I did get hybrid, thanks to @Himewad 's recommendation. I'll be sure to test it out when I receive them, but so far that's even better news! I think I may have chosen the right product to check all my boxes then. I'm totally ok not having a mold... one of my CPC orders was a no-mold and I really like it, so I think I'm fine with that.

In the future I'm curious to see what new molds PCF gets Tina to make and whether they will ever offer the hybrid sticker with the mold. I think there could be a really big sweet-spot for them as far as pricing and design-ability for us to make tribute and fantasy sets that are both playable and nice looking (even if they never quite get close enough to Paulson/CPC/clay).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom