Edge Spots Name (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think I ever seen edge spots like this before. Is there an official name for it?

spots.jpg

That's sounds about right. It's giving me headaches.

Urm . . . it is a bicentennial chip. Pretty sure the ONLY colours were going to be red, white, and blue. But yeah, no amount of lipstick can pretty up that pig.

Can some one please explain the basics of edge spot names/codes? I never have any idea WTF people are talking about when the discussion is edge spots. :confused:

I think it was Abby who wrote a great post on the meaning of the codes. A simple version of it is the first number is the amount of spots with the second number the size.

412 = 4 spots 1/2 size

more complex spots will have more complex names

3d14 = 3 spots Double 1/4inch
3t316 = 3 spots Triple 3/16inch
4ds18 = 4 spots Double Split(?) 1/8

And so on.

4ds18 = 4 spots Double Split(?) 1/8

That would be a Paulson 23 (as opposed to a Paulson 24, or 4d18 not split).

Sometimes an "A" is added if the spots can be different colors.

The Harvey chip shown is a double punch. It is Paulson 3 (quarter pie) repunched with a Paulson 10 (or possibly 9...I can't tell the exact size of the interior spot). In essence...two edge spot configurations combined.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I believe that that the Le Boudoir set had one of this type of edge spot done (100 euro chip with grey, green and pink)...it was one of the "best chip ever" thread if I'm not mistaken.

The Harvey chip shown is a double punch. It is Paulson 3 (quarter pie) repunched with a Paulson 10 (or possibly 9...I can't tell the exact size of the interior spot). In essence...two edge spot configurations combined.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I believe that that the Le Boudoir set had one of this type of edge spot done (100 euro chip with grey, green and pink)...it was one of the "best chip ever" thread if I'm not mistaken.

This one.

Came to mind instantly when I saw the original post.

EvSnkV4.jpg

The Le Boudoir is a hell a lot prettier than the bicentennial though.

Last edited:
I captured that listing off the Paulson Website (pre-GPI) a long time ago...I'm sure their spots (and their color chart as well) is different now.

I think it's a 6V spot. Sometimes the V spots can look squashed.

I just ordered one of these on eBay because I saw it and I had to order it.
I get that it's busy and garish and all, but it's also awesome!
How do you guys not love it? I feel like it needs to be in GOAT conversations. I need a rack!
image.jpg

This one.

Came to mind instantly when I saw the original post.

EvSnkV4.jpg

The Le Boudoir is a hell a lot prettier than the bicentennial though.

Yeah, a large or oversize inlay covers a lot of nonsense... I once played with this as a way to make a 12-spotted chip when planning a stupid progression.... If you do black-white-black-white for the quarter pie, and white-black-white-black for the 414 (or 412), you end up with a 12-spotted alternative black and white.

Here's the idea with red/canary, chip plus three different inlay sizes:

upload_2016-12-12_23-19-10.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom