• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Ebay: 72 setups of Faded Spade 1.0 for 799 (1 Viewer)

Not even worth it at $10 per. These cards warp and bow very easily. V2's are much better.

I'm willing to run the group buy if @TheDuke doesn't want to, but I live in Canada so it may be more expensive if the majority of members are in the US.

Hey, no worries! Have at it. I'm also in Canada. I was half joking about the group buy thing. If it was v2.0 I'd definitely be interested. I'm just reading the various posts/threads about v1.0 and the reviews are pretty poor.

I did send a message to the seller to see if they'd sell for lower. I'll let you know if they respond.

Seller has replied and offered to drop to $600 plus shipping. He says the box will weigh 50lbs.

So 8.33 per setup before shipping.

I've responded and asked for a shipping quote now to Canada.

How are v2s differentiated? Is the box marked "Version 2" or something similar? Are the face cards or the ace of spades different?

I think the box colors are different. V1 is black and V2 is blue. But not sure about the differences of the appearance of the cards themselves.

I've read more posts about V1. These sound pretty terrible.

I can continue to communicate with the seller to facilitate a purchase if someone else is interested. But I'm no longer interested in these at all.

I can just share my recent experience as well. Got a set of V1s and they had a ton of printing and fading areas right out of the box (they were new and in the shrink wrap still). The feel was fine but nothing to right home about.

How are v2s differentiated? Is the box marked "Version 2" or something similar? Are the face cards or the ace of spades different?
Pretty much what @TheDuke said already, plus the card stock is brighter looking. In terms of feel, the card stock is just as thick as the V1, but the major thing is that my opened set of V2's that was open several months ago still has not warped or bowed, while my V1 set was bowed within a couple of weeks of being opened.

I mean, I've never handled the V1 or the V2, but $8.33 (plus shipping) for a two deck setup of plastic cards seems to me like a decent deal even if they aren't the greatest quality.

I mean, I've never handled the V1 or the V2, but $8.33 (plus shipping) for a two deck setup of plastic cards seems to me like a decent deal even if they aren't the greatest quality.

@mnebesny

Seller got back to me re: shipping.

$98 via UPS to Edmonton. Not sure where you're located in Canada but should be similar.

That's actually pretty decent considering I paid $130 for a USPS package of 1300 chips recently. This case of cards weighs 50lbs vs ~30lbs of chips.

So $698 for 72 setups shipped to Canada. Basically 10 bucks per setup. Given the reviews here on PCF, I think it'll still be tough to find enough interested people to split that many setups.

Seller has likely been sitting on these for a long time so there may still be room for further negotiation.

If you're interested in cheap and good quality plastic cards search up 'bicycle prestige bulk' on amazon.ca. $55 for 12 decks of Fournier cards made in Spain. Better price and quality than these cards.

I think the box colors are different. V1 is black and V2 is blue. But not sure about the differences of the appearance of the cards themselves.

I've read more posts about V1. These sound pretty terrible.

I can continue to communicate with the seller to facilitate a purchase if someone else is interested. But I'm no longer interested in these at all.
Still avoiding these.

I haven't handled 1.0 such that the brighter faces would be evident to me. And unless it was someone I knew, I'd be hesitant to buy "v2" which could just be v1 in a blue v2 box...

I got a brand new setup of V1's off eBay for like $14 to my door. They lasted about 15 minutes in their first and only home game. They came slightly concave right out of the packaging. Also the pips were quite hard to read for my old eyes. They sucked.

I have both the V1 and V2's. I like the texture and thickness of the V2's over the V1's but it also makes shuffling them a bit more challenging, especially for non-degens. Occasionally the deck will explode, it's even happened to me several times. The two decks in the V2's were not completely equal either. For some reason the blue deck just shuffled better whereas the red deck was ever so slightly stiffer and was not as nice to shuffle. I like the V1's shuffling feel but I am not a fan of the glossy top and textured face. They are slightly thinner than I'd prefer but mine have not bowed in any way.... yet. I store them in the original box upside down.

Ideally, I'd love for them to come out with a V3 that retains the texture of the V2's on both sides of the card but a thickness in between the V1's and V2's. My players like the style and the readability of these cards over other decks I have, as do I. I think they slightly over-corrected on the V2's after using them for several games now, but I still like both version at present.

Not sure if this helps anybody but I think $10 for a pair of V1's is a nice deal for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom