• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Faded Spade good price on Ebay $16.99 shipped (1 Viewer)

Wow, great price! Seems to fit in the too good to be true category, but if they were poker size I would have given it a shot. The big concern is getting the version 1 cards. The boxes they show in the pictures say version 2.0 on them. If you get them, be sure that they are indeed version 2.0.

I guess there is a way. I’ll update thread when I get em. I think they are probably real.

anyway these could be fake ?
From the reviews I’ve heard, I might like them better if they were fake.
When these were first released, I had nothing good to say about the art. But the art has grown own me. And the index size seems perfect. But the only good things I’ve read about the faded spade stock seem to come from people with very different tastes than me.
I’d be surprised if somebody was counterfeiting plastic cards, but I guess anything is possible, especially in a world where China will knockoff anything.

Notice. Someone reported in another thread on this forum that they received version 1 cards. The person has changed the listing so that it no longer shows the version 2.0 box. So, beware.

FF7220D5-68B3-4BC6-9C1A-9C4073CA2D07.jpeg

This is what I got. Version 1 or 2?

For academic purposes, I got out my V1 set up out again the other day. I'm sad to say the news still isn't good. The cards are still very evidently bowed. Not warped anymore, so they're usable, but barely. I swear these photos aren't distorted at all. The cards are really that bent looking.

20201121_232109.jpg
20201121_232127.jpg
20201121_232133.jpg
20201121_232210.jpg

I PM'ed him and let him to save himself the shipping if they aren't v2. He printed the label over the weekend but it isn't marked as dropped off yet. Hopefully there's still time to save the seller the shipping costs, as this is a reasonable listing/revision IMO.

I PM'ed him and let him to save himself the shipping if they aren't v2. He printed the label over the weekend but it isn't marked as dropped off yet. Hopefully there's still time to save the seller the shipping costs, as this is a reasonable listing/revision IMO.
I wonder if he knew that everybody hates the V1s

I wonder if he knew that everybody hates the V1s
Truthfully I'd leave negative feedback if I bought these under the impression I'd be getting the V2's. The seller has since edited the listing to include photos of the V1 version, but prior to the edit, photos of the V2's were on the listing.

I took some dumb survey and got a $20 Visa card that I burned up on these. Are they typically warped right out of the box? I’m not too worried about a refund.

I took some dumb survey and got a $20 Visa card that I burned up on these. Are they typically warped right out of the box? I’m not too worried about a refund.
I did use them for a game almost a year ago. I initially took them out to use again about 8 weeks after and that's when I found that they were warped and bowed. I fixed the warping with the dealer button/cut card trick used for Kem's, but it does not seem that the bowing is fixable.

Oh well, this is the card setup I'll give my son to play around with.

FWIW, I opened a bridge set up of the V2's over four months ago and shuffled them around a bit. Didn't see game action, but as of yesterday, there's no warping or bowing to speak of.

He replied to my eBay message and apologized for there being a couple mistakes in the original listing, and that they'd gladly accept any returns. I'm not gonna leave negative feedback, as it's an easy enough mistake to make if you're not a chipper/gamer. Having been an ebayer in the past, I know they offer suggested stock images and model numbers based on similar listings. They're going back, but no hard feelings. I'm not out anything.

It was me who started a wanted thread for V2 purps and black. I bought those cards off of eBay and they were indeed V1. I'm not gonna leave negative feedback as I opened em and used them already and the price was good enough I don't really give a shit. Still gonna get some V2s. I really don't understand the hate on these cards, even the V1s. Granted, mine are still new and haven't warped or bowed yet. All my Kem's in the past have done that too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom