E&C mock up (1 Viewer)

Bradcorn

Pair
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of the E&C mold and am going to take advantage of the newest offering from CPC.

I posted before about my desire to have a bunch of chips on the table for a NL/PL game modeled after $10/$10 games I've seen…and how California seems to have big games with just 2/3 chip at live at the bike etc. Taking feedback from prior threads I'm going with $1/$10/$100 vs $1/$20/$100 which I hope will be great for $1/$1 NL and PL and $3/$6 limit for mixed games.

Breakdown (open to suggestions but ideally want to keep it to 1k chips…or close to). Buyins between $100-$200 and the $8,200 should cover easily with 41 max buys built in

800 - $1s
160 - $10s
40 - $100s

· Mostly an 8 person game with starting stacks of a rack of $1s and $10s to fill out (10 for max buy)

· 10 person game will get 80 $1s and 12 $10s for max buy (still plenty of chips)

· First 2-4 rebuys all $10s then $100s for the rest

· Maybe it's worth it to limit it to 80 $1's in starting stacks for all games…something to test out.

I think this breakdown accomplishes the goal of getting everyone a bunch of chips but still limits stacks to something manageable with plenty of $10s in play.

Inlay/Name

· Need major help with design and someone to work on it (please let me know appropriate cost to hire if you would like to work on this)

· Really like the idea of a name of "The White Elephant" or "White Elephant Club" or something similar

o Something meta/funny about mixing in the idea of the white elephant custom chip set showing all of the good symbolism of elephants in general with the idea that perhaps the cost of custom chips is out of proportion to usefulness (tongue in cheek of course!)

· Maybe a two sided inlay

Side 1 – Name of club along axis of 9 o'clock and 12 or 1 o'clock. Chip Amount written out (One Dollar, Ten Dollars, One Hundred Dollars) along axis starting at 6 or 7 o clock up to 3 o clock…picture of a stylized outline of an elephant in the middle (up for anything)

Side 2 – sort of like the game of thrones set…watermarked crossing elephant trunks zoomed in with a big outline of the amount ($1, $10, $100) in block letters (maybe this gets color matched to the chip). Maybe initials of the name if that looks better.

Colors

· Between a solid charcoal $1 or a 414 spotted grey/retro blue $1 (unsure if spots are worth it for almost $1/chip on 800 chips)

· Huge fan of charcoal and think it would look good as a solid (also ties into the elephant theme)

· Totally up for anything (and crazy cool spots) for the $10 and $100. It would be nice to get some dg peacock and tiger to add some needed color to the set.

· I like the way the 614 looks is stacks and a transition to 814 for the $100? I have also always been a fan of the 4DS pattern…

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions?

Need help with colors..

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 157
So if we're going with an animal theme...

$1 = Elephant
$10 = Blue-fronted Redstart (http://www.pbase.com/himadrimondal/image/133510947)
$100 = Bengal Tiger

Here's different riffs on that theme. I'm pretty much *always* a fan of having spots on a $1 chip or higher, even if simple. Thematically a solid makes sense here, but since chips are a tool I tend to place function over aesthetic when the two conflict. YMMV. I also tend to avoid only using a single color when going with the 814 pattern because then it's hard to read from the edges what color the chip actually is. Having two spot colors helps to make the chips read correctly from the profile view.

Riff 4.png

Riff 3.png

Riff 2.png

Riff 1.png

Think you make some good points on spots.

I think I've seen the yellow / blue before but can't remember exactly where...assume I don't need to clear any color combos with original designers but am open to asking someone if there is an issue. Put this together tonight...

Attachments

• IMG_1277.PNG
    IMG_1277.PNG
    467 KB · Views: 158
assume I don't need to clear any color combos with original designers but am open to asking someone if there is an issue.
Inlays, yes. Base/spot/pattern combos, no, although, if there's a prominent chip out there with it, it'd be cool of you to at least touch base with them. Technically you don't need anyone's permission for that - these aren't protected like GPI protects their clients spot/color combos - but if you went to copy an HOF chip or set w/o at least so much as a PM to the original owner, that might generate a sideways look or two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom