Down to heads-up with pocket 8's and 16 BB's (1 Viewer)

trever said:
Care to explain this? I don't understand why you are unwilling to risk it all vs. a random hand, but are happy to get it in vs. a strong one.
Has nothing to do with me being unwilling to risk it all vs a random hand.

1: 88 is a big hand preflop HU

2: I would guesstimate 88 would be roughly 55-58% against hands that are willing to call your shove

3: When your opponent folds (most of the time) you gain an insignificant amount of chips. 2/3rds of one BB.

If #1 is true, that 88 is a big HU hand, do you really want to be playing one of your big hands in a way that gains you nearly nothing most of the time and has you as a small favorite over his calling range the rest of the time? I don't.

When you factor in #4: my opinion that his range of shoving over your standard raise is bigger than his range of calling your open shove it's an easy call in my book.

with that stack I'm opens shoving 22+, A2+, K2+, Q4+, J7+ and like 108+...I shove every hand I play with less than 15BB... as the OP player I'm still calling it off with eights. Even if we think we are a better player the blinds are just to big for skill to have time to win out. We have to take a stand here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom